What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

Roger Ebert: Nicolas Cage is as good as anyone since Klaus Kinski at portraying a man whose head is exploding. It's a hypnotic performance

spot on. i get the impression cage is probably a bit like that in real life

pretty good. nic cage is fucking loopy in it
the_bad_lieutenant_port_of_call_new_orleans_poster_grande.jpg

Good film. Didn't feel like there was a lot too it in the end though. The way the story went towards the end kindof annoyed me.

Yeah one hour photo is not great at all. It seems like it was written by someone who got a copy of how to write a thriller in ten days and a Susan Sontag book in their christmas stocking one year then broke their ankle playing ninja winter olympics and had to fill up the recovery time doing something. After it was over I watched this

TENANT.jpg

The tenant

It seems to have had a major influence on David Lynch and is a reminder that as well as drugging and raping kids Roman Polanski also made the occasional film. He's not a bad actor either.

Ah Polanski...

" I realise, if I have killed somebody, it wouldn't have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… fucking, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to fuck young girls. Juries want to fuck young girls – everyone wants to fuck young girls!"

"Women's lib is an absurdity! ...Things are the way they are because of evolution! This is the way it is between monkeys, between dogs and between butterflies!"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/dec/06/roman-polanski-martin-amis-interview

Ah Polanski...

" I realise, if I have killed somebody, it wouldn't have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… fucking, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to fuck young girls. Juries want to fuck young girls – everyone wants to fuck young girls!"

"Women's lib is an absurdity! ...Things are the way they are because of evolution! This is the way it is between monkeys, between dogs and between butterflies!"

Nice one.
You have to like Martin Amis.

Ah Polanski...

That interview is 30 years old..

url

I thought it was Well worth the watch just to witness Nick Cage chew the scenary for a couple of hours..Brad Dourif is great too..Fairuza Balk is hot in a way too short cameo..

Nick never quite reaches the depravity that Harve did in the same role....I really can't believe that Herzog said it had nothing to do with the Ferrara film and the film company made him call it he Bad Lieutenant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back