Swine flu: we're all going to die. (1 Viewer)

My brother-in-law in London has it after visiting Westport for a wedding at the weekend.

Sudden onset?

Yeah.He was grand Monday when I was over there.This morning he could'nt get out of the nest.Its slightly unsettling.

It could be anything though.Y'know auld lads.

a lad I knew was flying to China for two weeks with his daughter, and someone on his plane had Bird flu, or a temperature or something.

So, they stopped the plane from letting its passengers off, isolated it, and shuttled everyone off the plane to a hotel.
Where they left them, in quarantine for 10 days.

Locked, into a tiny hotel room, with his daughter, with no air conditioning, for 10 days. After his time was up, I think they put him straight back on the plane out of there.

Madness altogether.

it was actually funny, we were having a meal just before he got on the plane, chatting about how tough China deals with things, but in the long run its not as bad as evreyone says, blah blah.

And then he feels the brunt.
Sure he's a millionaire. He'll carry on with his life.

the fucked up thing was, he just vanished. Like, no one heard from him. And he is worth millions.. so, like, I suppose it was tense times for his family. We assumed he was just busy and forgot about him.

heh.

If it happened to me I'd have to split the contents of the mini bar with my little 'un.

For both our sanity.

ha ha, yeah. They'd probably bill you up the ass for that too.

The no AC must have had them climbing the walls.
Like, it makes no sense, they could have just put them on the plane straight back out of there, not even unloaded the plane, just refueled it and told it to fuck off.
But they go through all this rigmarole, and torture everyone for ages, and *then* tell them to fuck off.

Probably best not to try to reason with China's policies. Probably best to swallow hard and stfu.
I hope I never have to go to China. Jaysus.
That makes me sound terrible, but... Jaysus. Taiwan would be ok maybe.

Going to Edinburgh tomorrow to visit the brother. He spent the last 3 days in a caravan with someone who's after getting swine flu. Savage deadly buzz!

At least if i get it i'll actually be able to bring something home to my friends for once.

I worked in a tiny office with a guy and his wife whose entire family got it and were fairly in a hoop with it. It arrived into their family from the kid, the day they shut their school down.

I never got it, and I was shattered tired too.
Neither did the other two lads I;m working with get it. I was shitting myself a little, since the wife was preggers at the time.
No problemo though.

I've got a feeling that its not quite as transmissible as they were making it out to be.

I was in Mexico last week at the airport they had heat sensitive cameras you had to walk past.

I always get a bad dose of sniffles when I fly - I pretty sure my constant sneezing and floods of snot freaked out all the people sitting near me. And I was bricking it the camera would register I had a fever.

Still alive.

All of the chefs in the restaurants have to wear surgical masks there now as well which is weird.

swineflu.jpg

A woman just died of it in Tallaght hospital.The first in Ireland.

RIP

My friend has swine flu. He lives near you Gazzer.
I'm sure he'll be fine, he's a moany bastard anyway.

I think me and my mam may have had it. My friend who is a nurse said bed rest, fluids,paracetamol and staying away from other people are the only things for it. Tamiflu will just reduce your illness by one or two days unless you are an OAP, have serious asthma or a serious illness which can be affected by flu (H.I.V/ Cystic Fibrosis etc).I'm on the mend now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back