Science/Fantasy fiction bukes (2 Viewers)

Raymond Feist looks like George Lucas. I'm a bit upset about that.

What the fuck am I doing up at this hour posting pictures of writers with beards?

I have to be up in six hours to mind small child!

Isaac Asimov looks exactly like I thought he would from his name, but I'm racist.

Just starting Ringworld - really good so far, I'll hold judgement til the end. It's a classic though so I'm expecting good things! Gonna get an Erickson book after this, and it better good what with all you fanboys bleating on about him, though I think Feist is rubbish and David Gemmell books kinda feel to me like if you've read one you've read them all, but I loved Legend.

Read Brazyl by Ian McDonald too - it was great, lots of interconnecting plots well woven together, big ideas and edgy writing.

Correction: you've read three you've read them all. He did like repeating his characters.

Raymond Feist looks like George Lucas. I'm a bit upset about that.

What the fuck am I doing up at this hour posting pictures of writers with beards?

I have to be up in six hours to mind small child!

Haha I was just about to post that picture of him accompanied by the words "So we find out Darth Vader is just a lonely kid who misses his mom"

Hilariously, George RR Martin looks exactly like I'd imagine Tyrion Lannister to look.

Hey Cormcolash, did you ever read The Blade Itself, it's not really as homoerotic as I made out.

Haha I was just about to post that picture of him accompanied by the words "So we find out Darth Vader is just a lonely kid who misses his mom"

Hilariously, George RR Martin looks exactly like I'd imagine Tyrion Lannister to look.

Philip K Dick looks like John Peel

Harry Harrison looks like Roger Whitaker

Frank Herbert looks like Robin Williams

Curioser and curioser. There might be a book in this, or at the very least a short story.

Edit: Larry Niven looks like a mad bastard. His glasses!

i didnt know lyonesse was a trilogy, i read suldrens garden. cant see myself bothering with the others. The Algebraist is a load of shite, i didnt even get half way through. i wanted to know what happened to a certain degree but not enough to read anymore turgid bullshit. what a prick he is, banks. i used to like him.

Yeah there's two other Lyonesse books. The second and third ones are quite difficult to get hold of, think I got them on Amazon Marketplace or something. Same with a lot of other Vance books.
The Algebraist is class, it takes a while to get going though.

Just reading Jordan's Wheel of time, only on the second one but they've been amazing so far. Can't believe I've put off reading them for so long.

Has anyone read The Final Watch?

possibly mentioned already, but the Dublin Public Libraries are running a Science Fiction book club that meets on the second tuesday of every month at 6.30 in the ILAC library. The current book is "The Stars My Degradation" by Alfred Bester. Which I must start reading.

possibly mentioned already, but the Dublin Public Libraries are running a Science Fiction book club that meets on the second tuesday of every month at 6.30 in the ILAC library. The current book is "The Stars My Degradation" by Alfred Bester. Which I must start reading.

I think it's Destination. That's a brilliant book - very readable. Would make a great movie. The Demolished Man brill also.

He gave up writing sci-fi for being a travel magazine editor soon after that. It's a pity coz he was on a roll.

If you like sci-fi and have ever used the interwebs, you will love Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson. Its a perfect introduction to the cyberpunk genre and the hacker mentality. One of my all time favourite sci-fi novels.

scifi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back