Slumdog Not-Quite-Millionaires (1 Viewer)

What I am showing here is that people who are pious about this sort of thing are just full of crap. This is as good an issue as any to highlight it.
If you can't see through your own arguments to the realities behind them, then the only person you are fooling is yourself.
Living in the Western World causes real damage to everywhere. If you want to display the fact that there are different degrees of it, you still have to accept the fact that the mere act of living in Ireland automatically means you are part of it. If you want to get out of that, then the only way to do it is to move to a poorer country.
If you can't accept that fundamental principle, then you don't deserve to wear that uniform.

:confused:

I actually have no idea what you're trying to say now, other than that you're automatically disagreeing with everyone simply for the sake of it.

If you're trying to get a rise out of us, you have to at least make a tokenistic effort at making sense.

What I am showing here is that people who are pious about this sort of thing are just full of crap. This is as good an issue as any to highlight it.
If you can't see through your own arguments to the realities behind them, then the only person you are fooling is yourself.
Living in the Western World causes real damage to everywhere. If you want to display the fact that there are different degrees of it, you still have to accept the fact that the mere act of living in Ireland automatically means you are part of it. If you want to get out of that, then the only way to do it is to move to a poorer country.
If you can't accept that fundamental principle, then you don't deserve to wear that uniform.

You know what, you're right. None of us deserve to wear that uniform. You alone are worthy of that uniform. Effective immediate I am giving away all my earthly belongings and moving to Rwanda. I plan to bury myself in the ground up to my neck, with nothing but a copy of the Telegraph to protect me from the elements. See you in the funny pages.

Haha, ask yourself, is it possible you may be quoting a comment which may in fact have been mocking another recent news story?

I don't think so no. But then anything's possible I suppose.

get over it, exposing the depths to which a lot of people have to go to to stay alive and then judging it by middle-class standards has toadally reinvigorated the flagging exposé genre. do you want a world where the ultimate indignities at least have the last blessing of anonymity, or one where we can ignore our own failures by crowing on the sidelines of the self-compromise of others? i think we all know the second option is win.

essentially we should just eradicate everything east of greece (excluding former soviet states and romania - they get got - oh and england) until we hit south korea (excluding north korea)

am i right bros!?

and africa too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back