Albums of the Year 2008 (1 Viewer)

:eek:

They need to quit.

Strangely their best records - Boy / The Unforgettable Fire / The Joshua Tree were made in depressed economic times.

U2's investments have taken a battering on the stock market recently so maybe the fear will inspire them. They were a band I could never warm to. I blame Bono. He's such a knob.

Also, I was a bit of a cure head in my youth, so U2 was out. Never had running battles with U2 fans though, although would like to have.

:eek:

They need to quit.

Strangely their best records - Boy / The Unforgettable Fire / The Joshua Tree were made in depressed economic times.

I loved the Unforgettable Fire, especially the much ridiculed Elvis Presley and America. I once had a really vivid dream of that song, with Liz Frazer on vocals! It was extraordinary. I should have written to 4AD to tell them to consider it for This Mortal Coil...

snap - The Cure bit anyway. 1989 RDS best gig ever.
U2 in Croke Park 1985 was the first gig I went to so I always had a soft spot for them.

To my shame, I've never seen the Cure live. I think I'll leave it now. Anything up to and including Disintegration is well worth having though, in my humble opinion. When I were a lad, it was U2 vs The Cure vs The Smiths vs All Metal Bands. No one would admit to liking the Smiths though. It was a working class town so it was mostly Metal fans.

Forgot one -

Black Mountain - "In the Future"

Man, I forgot loads. Such is the abject horror of making lists off the cuff in work instead of in front of records I bought or robbed off of the internets.

Murcof's 'The Versailles Sessions' is one of the best things I heard this year.

I dint buy many new releases

I liked these though

moutpiece1.jpg

CampbellGlenMeetGlenCampbel.jpg

100784.jpg

The%20Last%20Shadow%20Puppets-The%20Age%20Of%20The%20Understatement.jpg

Hmm, are you on the Richard Hawley forum by any chance? :cool:

Beach House - Devotion
Fleet Foxes -Fleet Foxes
Adebisi Shank - titababcas
Deerhunter - Microcastle
Neon Neon - Stainless Style
Flying Lotus - Los Angeles
Monade - Monstre Cosmic
The Flaming Lips - Christmas on Mars soundtrack
Why? - Alopecia
Wye Oak - If Children

..and fucking Beach House, Devotion and Arthur Russell's Love Is Overtaking Me. Jesus I'm useless at these list things.

I would've said Visiter by Dodos, but that record needs some serious editing.
They should've shaved about 3 songs off...a few of them are overlong too and just weigh the whole thing down.
Pity. I really love the rest.

Can't believe i still haven't bought the Mt Eerie/Julie Doiron record... i'm pretty sure that'd be up there too (from the live stuff i'd heard)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back