Binge Drinking and Hangovers - RE-SESSION TIPS (1 Viewer)

i reckon smoking really affects hangovers, especially if you're a casual smoker.
im the type of smoker who can go for days without, but as soon as i start drinking i start smoking. tut tut.
i almost always regret the last few cigarettes of the night before when i wake up.

also, i take vit c tablets with a pint of water before i go asleep (if i remember) and have a pint of water first thing in the morning. this helps.

cans of coke are good too.

strange guy, you should try showering your hangovers away. srsly.

Hash browns and eggs for breakfast, food(curry is good) and water before bed. Don't mix your drinks. Lager tops like Gary says work pretty good too, unliike him I find one or two enough.

Any freelance scientists out there like to suggest why this might work? Is it just because you wake up feeling slightly less manky?

the water is ionised...and er...that means that the electrolytes er...something something

damn, i should have paid more attention in science class

bu which i mean the article I read in some magazine one day

the water is ionised...and er...that means that the electrolytes er...something something

damn, i should have paid more attention in science class

bu which i mean the article I read in some magazine one day

its to do with the molecules. And the ratios of large to medium to small hadrons. and the rate at which they are colliding.

its complicated... but they are building a device to try and pin down some answers. You might have heard about it.

a good filling meal before you go out helps. Nothing too stodgy though.

I'm not convinced about food on the way home. Many's a night I've been tempted by Aprile but end up with indigestion which hampers sleep.

If you can sleep it off - say 8 or 9 hours - it really helps.

A decent breakfast or lunch the following day. A fry works for me.

Water during the boozin as opposed to before bed.

Decent beers. Carlsberg and Heineken give me bad hangovers. Wheat beers don't. However some places only stock the predictable stuff.

'They say' fruit juice (because of the high fructose that burns off extra alcohol fast) and scrambled egg on toast (something about the protein and bread) is the best hang over cure... of course with lots of water to fix the dehydration.

'They say' fruit juice (because of the high fructose that burns off extra alcohol fast) and scrambled egg on toast (something about the protein and bread) is the best hang over cure... of course with lots of water to fix the dehydration.

my sister swears by dioralyte (sp?) its the sachet that you mix with water to give to kids when they are dehydrated, apparently it works a treat just before going to bed as it replaces all the electrolytes/salts you pee away during the night!!!
more info here
other than that 2 soluble solpadine when you wake up and then go back to sleep for an hour or 2.

i also find that if i am really tired going out and then get drunk my hangover is 10 times worse than normal

if you can co-ordinate your throwing up, solpadine is a magic puke in mouth taste eraser.

You want to get your tablet dissolving on your way into the jacks, and whip it into you when you are getting that post puking euphoric rush.
hura.... HUUUURRRRA..HAAAARAAAAAWWWWRRRFFF.. spit spit spit...
glug glug glug glug...

I'M ON TOP OF THE WOOORRRRLD!!!

ponypool460.jpg

A drunk pony was rescued from a swimming pool after gorging on fermented apples and falling into the water.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/15/animalwelfare

I read the other day about a recent study that found that the brains of regular drinkers were 1% smaller than those of teetotallers. The average brain shrinks a couple of percent every decade and even moderate alcohol consumption exaggerates this shrinkage. Whiskey brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back