No of albums sold by a few bands (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
I must have read that same article by Jim Carroll about five times.

Sorry I had that the wrong way round. You have 160 myspace fans according to my theory. Although, if you page automatically plays a song when you load it (like mine does) you should also subtract the number of times you have checked the page yourself, which would leave you with 7.5 fans.
If i get a friends request from a band i'll usually cycle through all of the songs they have - if they have four songs, wouln't that show up as four listens?

Jim Carroll is the Grand Poobah of the Blog O'Sphere. His sceptre is a computer mouse and an office chair is his throne.

Boyd is a far shitter journo, with far shitter taste. But Jim being more ubiquitous and also, at times controversial probably incurs the wrath of people on here more often.

Boyd is a far shitter journo, with far shitter taste.
Ay, Brian Boyd irritates me no end
Jim seems to have a problem with people liking local stuff, which is very annoying if you're producing local stuff - hard enough to get anyone to listen to you without somebody sneering in the newspaper. Apart from that he actually seems to be interested in music, which sets him well above many of his peers

Jim seems to have a problem with people liking local stuff, which is very annoying if you're producing local stuff - hard enough to get anyone to listen to you without somebody sneering in the newspaper

he seems to be bigging up local acts a bit more these days but he has been a right fucker in the past I agree.

... I should point out that by "somebody sneering in the newspaper" I don't mean bad reviews, which of course is a hazard of any artistic endeavour - rather I mean sneering at local acts because they're local as a reaction to a perception that they're only "popular" because they're local

"Popular" is in quotes, because popularity for a local band means so little in terms of sales

Boyd is a far shitter journo, with far shitter taste. But Jim being more ubiquitous and also, at times controversial probably incurs the wrath of people on here more often.

Shitter taste? Taste schmaste.

Jim seems to have a problem with people liking local stuff, which is very annoying if you're producing local stuff - hard enough to get anyone to listen to you without somebody sneering in the newspaper. Apart from that he actually seems to be interested in music, which sets him well above many of his peers

Are we really so desperate for credible music writers that simply being into music is noteworthy? Relativism will eventually destroy all culture.

The last time I read a good music article in the Irish Times was the interview with Fugazi a few years back. Otherwise it's just rims writing through their cakehole about how great the new Verve/sub Stone Roses/Primal Scream album is or some other nostalgic shite. Who gives a fuck what they think. They're paid to fill up empty spaces with lazy opinions and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back