Windows Vista (4 Viewers)

I presume they're trying to win back the people they lost to apple on the basis of design (show me one everyday person who buys a mac over a PC for any reason other than case and OS design and i'll give you a yo-yo).

I bought a mac because after using them in work for a few years without any problems at all and also after years of PC problems.

Apple are big on design. Whats wrong with that? If you play an instrument, do you want one that sounds great and looks great? Of course you do. Why should the computer be any different?

There are loads of reasons I chose the mac over the PC and design was way down the list.

Yeah, that's why i said "everyday people", there's plenty of people who've used them for work and thus have one, or who need it for graphics etc, but the vast majority of ordinary people will buy one over a PC because of the association with ipods and/or the design. At least that's the case with 95% of people i know who own a mac (or an ibook or whatever).

Apple are big on design. Whats wrong with that? If you play an instrument, do you want one that sounds great and looks great? Of course you do. Why should the computer be any different?

Because the "instrument" in question will only let you play a (comparatively) limited repertoire of songs?

Because the "instrument" in question will only let you play a (comparatively) limited repertoire of songs?

Took me a minute or two to figure out what you meant there thanks to my addled brain.

I haven't found it to be the case that there is any software I need that I can't get or get a decent equivalent for on the mac.

What is it you think can't be gotten for the mac, Pete?

Yeah, that's why i said "everyday people", there's plenty of people who've used them for work and thus have one, or who need it for graphics etc, but the vast majority of ordinary people will buy one over a PC because of the association with ipods and/or the design. At least that's the case with 95% of people i know who own a mac (or an ibook or whatever).

You're probably right but regardless of their reasons/naivety they still end up with a decent computer that they can actually use as soon as they take it out of the box.

I had a PC once and when I set it up first it was basically a very expensive Solitaire machine until I blagged some applications for it.

Took me a minute or two to figure out what you meant there thanks to my addled brain.

I haven't found it to be the case that there is any software I need that I can't get or get a decent equivalent for on the mac.

What is it you think can't be gotten for the mac, Pete?

1. Games
2. Choice

1. Games
2. Choice

I'll give you 'Games' as I never consider games when I think of computers as I have never used a computer for games. I always use consoles. The idea of spending a few grand on a computer and then finding that it is not up to the task of playing the latest game after 18 months would fill me with murderous rage.

What do you mean by Choice, though?

you cant get any of the Commander Keen or Duke Nukem games on Mac, so i think PC is probably the best (for me) (right now)

EULA La Vista, Baby

s.gif

(00:08:09) (@Dreginn) what was mark's band like?
(00:11:04) (@Dreginn) anyone?
(00:24:41) (RoMaaan) More hardcore than expected.
(00:24:46) (RoMaaan) Pretty good.

they're doing a couple of evening sessions too. No spaceman, but a free copy of Vista instead.....

On the evening of Tuesday, 5th of December, we hope that you will be part of the biggest ever tech event in the history of Microsoft Ireland: the Tech Community Launch of Windows Vista, 2007 Office System and Exchange Server 2007.

- When: Evening of Tuesday, 5th December 2006
- Where: Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin

This two-hour tech evening event will cut right to heart of what you need to know about all these new products:

- Learn about Vista, Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 from our technical keynote speakers.
- Chat to the experts and get your questions answered.
- Have a look at the new features and get your hands on the products themselves to try them out.
- Best of all, all attendees will receive a full, free license for Vista Home Edition along with other eval software.

In order to facilitate people travelling from outside the city, we have organised two sessions from which you can choose - just pick what time suits you best. Places are limited and, as is usual when we give away free software, they fill up fast - so make sure to book your place early!

- Register now for Session A: 5:30pm - 7:30 pm
- Register now for Session B: 8:30pm - 10:30pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back