Where'd all the women go? (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian said:
courtney love a "force of nature"? there's nothing natural about her.

ahh, L7...them were the days.

Yeah dont pay attention to anything that fat ass says. Did L7 ever play Ireland?

L7 supported FNM in the Point, oh yes.

Also saw them at Reading 92.

Terrible, terrible band, and yet still Wargasm gets put on at parties on a regular basis.

also. Louise Wener. What the FUCK would she know about anything, least of all music, or writing readable books.

I never was a huge fan of Wener (waheyy), but it's hard enough to argue with her on this one. I'd also add the Everett True has been saying the same thing (but louder and more about him) for donkeys.

Check THIS thread for some talk about this.. '03 styleee

It's not hard to disagree with this at all. Sure there are more men in music in general, we all know there's a bias but there are loads of women and female fronted bands doing great, and not so great things. Just because Louise Wener doesn't know about them doesn't mean there's a particular dearth right now.

Off the top of my head:

MIA
Miss Kittin
Endless variations on Riot Grrrl stuff still being churned out on an all too regular basis - the gossip etc
Sleater Kinney, the Organ, Shesus
Sons and Daughters
Rogers Sisters
The Husbands
Peaches, Chicks on Speed

etc etc etc

GrRrrrR said:
I never was a huge fan of Wener (waheyy), but it's hard enough to argue with her on this one. I'd also add the Everett True has been saying the same thing (but louder and more about him) for donkeys.

Check THIS thread for some talk about this.. '03 styleee

eh that's it. It was very muddy, people were throwing muck up on stage, she reached down her FRAYED CUT OFF DENIM BERMUDA SHORTS and thrun her tampon into the crowd in retaliation.

The frayed cut off denims over leggings were by far the more horrific crime.

trianglegrrrl said:
is that THE infamous tampon Reading? if so...go on

Ach, I think she's talking about the rarefied atmosphere of the reasonably famous rock band, and not the altern/indie/whatever folks. Chances are none of the above will end up being houshold names like Hole/Courtney Love and to a lesser extent PJ/Breeders.

center.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back