Where'd all the women go? (2 Viewers)

I hate chics on speed so much , I seen peeches support the white stripes and there was this ma beside us and she nearly died with shame with the "lewd" acts being carried out on stage.

How the fuck could you leave babes in toyland outa your list?

Roisin said:
Christ, that reads like a leaving cert essay.

But yeah, i agree with what she's saying - myself and one of the girls from the flat went to the strange brew night on thursday, only caught the last four bands but she pointed out how it was a bit of a boy's club (might have been different had she seen mirakil whip, but that would have been one lady out of seven bands). Been toying with the idea since of starting a half male half female band, but the fact of the matter is i don't know any ladies who play instruments, much less who'd play in a band...

Lefty Frizzell said:
i had one of their tapes back when we were spooling music.

heavy bricks or sometin.
SPOOL ON FOR EVER!!!!! Ain't nothin like an ol' tape.. the I-pod...pfff!!!! anyone see that book I-pod therefore I am?? now there's a used literary tampon!!! Maybe its just that the percentage of women who can rock is lower than it is with dudes.. women are better at lookin' good so its a fair enough deal by my standards. We rock, they look hot and life goes on........ ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!

the sLits inspired me to pick up an 'ol six string.....

....dangerous, boy....

bands like sleeper remind me of something hideous like gail from coronation street, gag...

Attachments

• slitsstevensongroupshot.jpg
    slitsstevensongroupshot.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 30
There's a young band in Limerick called We Should Be Dead with a girl guitarist and a girl singer and they're deadly..|..|

Also, how could Courtney Love being a household name ever be a good thing? I remember in my youth the first thing any old and square person would say when they found out I played guitar was "oh, like Courtney Love". Grrr, I used to think.
(I played guitar more like Richey Manic - shit)

Anybody remember Babes in Toyland? .... they were cool.... apparently Courtney was booted out of them.... she was also supposed have been in faith no more at one stage....????

aside from that... there should be alot more women in music and not for some dumb ass they look better reasons .... they bring something different in terms of energy .... to the music and to group dynamics .... I would hope that there isnt still a sexist stigma out there and that opportunities are not being blocked

.|..|!ninjaaaa

Dude no.7 said:
Anybody remember Babes in Toyland? .... they were cool....
My sister and me met them outside a gig they were playing that we weren't allowed to go to years ago. One of them said "nice boots" to my sister and we were all like eeeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeeeek! :heart:

Roisin said:
thats one of the worst articles i've ever read. its up there with that article about the penguin 70th anniversary books and how there wasn't enought black, gay, dead, crippled and shit authors. gays, cripples, deads, shits and blacks are all allowed make books or music, why does every list have to have 7 of each. who gives a flying fuck then? its not like being any good has anything to do with popularity anyway? why can't people get over the fact that these lists are fucking meaningless? why can't people get over the fact most of the female fronted bands mentioned were as shite as most of the male fronted bands? such observer/guardian nonsense. and asking louise wener her opinion is a bad idea in the first place...she's a woman!

here, the gist of the article is about women in rock in particular i think? can't it be simply boiled down to something like 'boys like rock music more than girls' in the same way as 'boys like football more than girls'? so then more lads pick up guitars and form rock bands. big deal.

i think another thing that should be taken into account is that rock/alt rock isn't as all pervasive as it was throughout the period she's talking about. hip-hop and electronic-ish stuff both are much higher profile now and there are plenty of women involved at the top end of those genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back