What was the first gig you ever went to?? (1 Viewer)

Hmmmm- first propa' gig woz prob metallica, 1997... I was only wee and got mashed- twoz deadly coz twoz before they turned poo. Woz at a few diy gigs before that though if memory serves...

billygannon said:
Woodstock
You were selling hemp clothing, if I remember correctly. And bongs made from recycled cow dung you collected from nearby fields?

Ahh, I remember it well. you were there, dressed as a wizard, and you'd used old condoms soaked in brine to turn your face into a peace sign, but you'd left off a bar and just looked like a filthy product placement for Mercedes.

And then there was Woodstock '94, when you tried to get a Million D&D march together, to draw attention to Gamers' Rights issues.

Such an inspiration.

First concert: Megadeth/COC Ulster Hall March 10 1995 brilliant
2nd : MachineHead - May 1995 SFX Dublin
3rd: Wildhearts: Mandela Hall November 1995

1st hardcore gig: Will Haven/Hatebreed/Neurosis/Soulfly(jesus) - Minneapolis July 1999
1st Belfast hardcore gig: Ensign/CircleAgain/Shakedown(jesus) - Venue, Nov.1999

Giros gig: SomeDaysBetter(pulled-out)/SplitRed/Debt, February 2000

"COnor did you go see the ramones in Comet after their first TV Club gig?"

niall i have a signed copy of the bonzo goes to bitburg single somewhere, when comet was off top of grafton street.

missed disorder -bigger miss was subhumans in youth expression centre in templebar

ci*sky said:
Hmmmm- first propa' gig woz prob metallica, 1997... I was only wee and got mashed- twoz deadly coz twoz before they turned poo. Woz at a few diy gigs before that though if memory serves...
third row from the bottom, third key from the left

that's where you'll find the 's' key

im almost sure (and hate to admit) that i think my first gig was the manic street preachers! i think that shit all girl band were supporting.... anyone know the name? the chicks, or something like that, from the balcony you could see up the drummers skirt... teehee.
it was either that or a gig in the phoenix i think it might have been Consume.

1st gig: iron maiden
last gig: converge
next gig: explosions in the sky
one of my favourite gigs: fantomas at the metro in sydney.

fear factory in the SFX when i was 15. fkn brilliant 'twas. first punk gig was oi polloi, hansel and regretel era puget sound and homebrew in frazers. i was wearing a nine inch nails tshirt and big barry tried to sell me a copy of his zine claiming it had an interview with trent reznor. then he noticed the resemblance between me and cormy and backed away in shock; i don't know why he was so horrified, then again cormac in girl form isn't something i would be very enthusiastic about if i wasn't warned first.

bohs punks said:
"COnor did you go see the ramones in Comet after their first TV Club gig?"

niall i have a signed copy of the bonzo goes to bitburg single somewhere, when comet was off top of grafton street.

missed disorder -bigger miss was subhumans in youth expression centre in templebar
I was in Comet for the ramones thing but couldn't go up and ask for a signature. Me and my mate Alan just rummaged through the albums looking up at Joey and Dee Dee (must have seen you there too)
Subhumans, Golden Horde, Paranoid Visions, Vicarious Living and Cactus World News in the Youth Expression Centre. What a night !!!!! (or was it two nights?)

bohs punks said:
first gig - slane festival 1981 - thin lizzy blew me away but i was there to see hazel o connor in her punk/ new wave phase. great mileage to be had from having seen lizzy.QUOTE]

conor i heard somewhere that if you kill someone you can steal their memories
so ,watch you back.

M.BISON said:
i meant to say residence and not 2000 strong - some of the same people though, right?

andrew
it was residence not 2000 strong, they had same singer. anto. residence played there few times thou, i think they were supporting some scottish band when i first saw em

mac warzonescum said:
Try and track down a copy of the song "Behemoth" by Tad. It may sound silly and dated now, but that was the proverbial shit pre-Grunge explosion.

AHA!PROOF!!I KNEW IT!!!

That would be the "Behemoth" that Foetus covers on the "male" dvd.That would be Foetus whose mainman would be a bloke who looks scarily like Mac.Who's just reccomended "behemoth".
Admit it Mac..you ARE Jim Thirlwell aren't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back