What was the first gig you ever went to?? (2 Viewers)

first ever gig ever: blue monday in the dunamaise
first concert ever: green day in the point
first remotely diy show: supplicium, colmen fennell and the zachary pinkletons showband in the prison officers club
...losing track of the records now....

...(in the shadow of the other posts..)
I went to see bluemonday for my 14th birthday, but my first good gig was the vandals and ataris that summer.

or some metal nigt in the prison offiicers club (I loved the irony of that.... )

Ive just noticed that sprinkles has almost the exact same post as me.....

first gig - slane festival 1981 - thin lizzy blew me away but i was there to see hazel o connor in her punk/ new wave phase. great mileage to be had from having seen lizzy.

other memorable early gigs

slf and ramones in tv club on harcourt street ( seperate gigs)
paranoid visions and kill devil hill in cie hall
lkj in sfx
rem in sfx
asyluim and crude and the snyde in drogheda best early diy punk gig for me.

Ray Fuckface said:
first gig: For those that remember the baldoyle youth club, "Kreeky" gigs, puget sound played but the crowd prefered the local band. Puget ended up fighting with the organisers cause someone's da took rors sticks off him cause the music was too loud for the civilised suburban folk like are selfs
I remember that! Was that the time the pigs were called? And some priest organised it or something? I remember it clear as day as I was talking to two pretty hot girls. Imagine my surprise when they ended up licking each others tits. Best gig ever. They just don't make confused teenage girls like they used to. Either that or they heard to stay away from me.

where we lived there was an agricultural college that had gigs, warrenstown college, like an egit i didnt go to see horslips play there cause they werent punk - big regret, i could have gone with the older brothers,

even bigger regret not going to see motorhead there cause (ahem) they were metal and not punk - stupid bastard!

so what gigs did peopel not go to that they wished they had?

Definitely the Smashing Pumpkins gig where the bird died. Think about it. Any time in the future you're having a conversation which just goes silent you could just bring it up. BAM you're back in business.

"Did you actually see her?"
"Yeh it was horrible"
"That reminds me...etc"

Anthrax at the top hat back in 1988, lots of metallers in surfer shorts the gig was wrecked by the punx who spat at the band so they went off in a huff.
first punk gig was Sham 69 in london in 1993 and they were awful never bothered with them after that plus the crowd were total cunts.
Things got better when I started going DIY gigs in New Ross and Dublin about 3 years later.

Ritchie_Dagger said:
Anthrax at the top hat back in 1988, lots of metallers in surfer shorts the gig was wrecked by the punx who spat at the band so they went off in a huff.
I like to dig this up at least once every 6 months:

edit: time for that photo to go away i think

If you're the one on the right, then yes. You could look like the one on the left.

If you're the one on the left....no.

bohspunks ya bastid seein the ramones an all, everytime someone says that to me i feel ill.

My first big concert, small town gig i cant exactly remember, maybe.

My first diy punk gig was either peter and the test tube babies or oi polloi only 4 years ago! Even though i'd been reading zines sicne 95 i was too goddamn scared shitless to go to a gig, also the overpowering nature of kildare kept me there, listening to more shite led zepplin covers than you could shake a shitty stick at.

just realised its nearly the 11 years since my first gig ( christ i feel old now:( )

pantera at sfx.
first punk/diy gig was residence in fusion bar.

bohs punks said:
first gig - slane festival 1981 - thin lizzy blew me away but i was there to see hazel o connor in her punk/ new wave phase. great mileage to be had from having seen lizzy.

other memorable early gigs

slf and ramones in tv club on harcourt street ( seperate gigs)
paranoid visions and kill devil hill in cie hall
lkj in sfx
rem in sfx
asyluim and crude and the snyde in drogheda best early diy punk gig for me.
tv club and cie hall - that's going back a bit!!!!!!
COnor did you go see the ramones in Comet after their first TV Club gig?
Ahh the CIE Hall, did you see DISORDER play (or not) there?
I played at that paranoid visions and kill devil hill gig

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back