What the ?? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 217
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 5
spuded said:
but what random people are just supposed to 'get' some shite indie bands context yeah?

yes!
you're right, not everyone does

and they are the people who complain to channel 4 about brass eye
or the bbc about jerry springer
or mel brooks about springtime for hitler.

spuded said:
but what random people are just supposed to 'get' some shite indie bands context yeah?

because everyone outside of the scene is an idiot and liking a certain type of music gives you a greater insight in to everything

andrew

spuded said:
YAKZUA don't look like nazis? man thats such bullshit, so many epopel who are very high up in groups such as the aryan nation are 'respectable businessmen'.

they dont look respectab... aw fuck it

spuded said:
for the millionth bleedin time outside of our lil diy ghetto who the fuck knows what prog influenced indie is, who the fuck knows avant-gardism in music, and who the fuck knows that nazis dont have long hair, ive met countless nazis with long hair boss, go into bruxelles and you'll find loads!

I think it is fairly safe to say that John Q. Random wandering off the street and finding themselves surrounded by skeletons, firemen, schoolgirls, early C19th french imperialists, ghosts, ghouls, doctors, nurses, gibbering shoggoths, elder beings, keystone cops, and other traditional Halloween fare on Halloween night aren't going to suddenly draw the conclusion that out of all these people the one person wearing a swastika is obviously an actual nazi, whereas the others are not what they are simulating.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
because everyone outside of the scene is an idiot and liking a certain type of music gives you a greater insight in to everything

andrew

c'mon andy you of all people know i dont think people otuside 'the scene' are idiots, but what everyone seems to be claiming is that 'of course people should know it's satire', so it's them that are calling randomers idiots not me

spuded said:
c'mon andy you of all people know i dont think people otuside 'the scene' are idiots, but what everyone seems to be claiming is that 'of course people should know it's satire', so it's them that are calling randomers idiots not me

oh ok. i'm with edser on this one now, guys. sorey.

Ok just chill out everyone. Lets just leave it as - Yazuka are fucking Nazis, Spuded hates them and wants them to die. Also, Communism is Nazism in disguise. Also, Napoleon Bonaparte rulez.

There.

spuded said:
that was meant to say so many nazis don't look like your idea of a stereotype

If anyone here is dealing in stereotypes it is that hypothetical someone who is prepared to believe that someone dressed in a dodgy brown shirt and a home made swastika is an actual Nazi, purely on the basis of those items of clothing, despite the fact that it was Halloween.

I wish i'd been at that gig. I would have settled this argument by bottling that prick dressed as a fucking nazi.

spuded said:
or does that not matter because of course people should just realise that yakuza were wearing these outfits as 'satire' in rleation to an event two days later?

they were wearing those oufits as satire, but in an aside - theyre also anti-semitic.

mac warzonescum said:
I think it is fairly safe to say that John Q. Random wandering off the street and finding themselves surrounded by skeletons, firemen, schoolgirls, early C19th french imperialists, ghosts, ghouls, doctors, nurses, gibbering shoggoths, elder beings, keystone cops, and other traditional Halloween fare on Halloween night aren't going to suddenly draw the conclusion that out of all these people the one person wearing a swastika is obviously an actual nazi, whereas the others are not what they are simulating.

I dont know of any groups that consist of a worrying number of people around the world that dress up or use emblems or signs of nurses, ghosts, doctors, gibbering shoggoths, ect that go around beating people up or killing them.

In 5 years time, if these irish nazis ever get their shit together and start doing what their pals in the rest of Europe have been doing, will Yakzua dress up as nazis? Only time will tell.

spuded said:
what everyone seems to be claiming is that 'of course people should know it's satire', so it's them that are calling randomers idiots not me

um no, not really. even people who were offended by it presumably didn't believe they were a nazi band. they just didn't appreciate the humour. that's entirely their own perception.

unless you feel nazism is in some extra-special catagory of offense, which i think you conceded already is a pretty weak position, are you really suggesting that everyone should avoid anything which may cause offence to anyone?

i'm just extrapolating what seem to be your principles here...

mac warzonescum said:
Shall we just gloss over the whole 'declaring yourself emperor and betraying the progressive ideals of the Republic' here for the sake of peace in the scene?

What a guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back