What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Yeah i loved it for it's Raiders feel. Pity you didn't see it in the cinema. It was the first 3D film where they got everything right, it was genuinely WOW inducing.

The first 3D I saw that got all the 3D right was Journey to the Centre of the Earth with Brendan Fraser or something. Shite film but the 3D was class in it!

Yeah i loved it for it's Raiders feel. Pity you didn't see it in the cinema. It was the first 3D film where they got everything right, it was genuinely WOW inducing.

looking forward to this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The slomo shots in Dredd were my favourite use of 3D.

Yeah they were great.

Tonight I saw Guardians of the Galaxy.

It was really boring formulaic shite. Nothing interesting happening in this film at all. Couple of decent characters and that was it.
Film spends the whole time trying to be funny. I laughed twice, max.
I dunno if I'll bother with any of these Marvel films any more. It's just the same shite over and over and over again. Except unlike me, it's not even funny.
The visuals were nice though, I'll give it that. Actually if they could have removed all the dialogue from the film, and music, and just had sound effects, it might have been alright.

Have to disagree with you Hector.

Great movie and performance, plus it sparked McConaghey's reinvention from romcom lightweight into a respected Oscar winning actor.The standard and level of work he did from there on wards has been very impressive.
Yeah, absolutely his work has been great, but that film was a heap of tosh. It was just cliche on top of trope. Mc Con beeing all louche and loveable. But, you know, with a heart. Like Ferris Bueller's Law Wagon. Shite.

But I finally watched Mud the other day, and he's fucking brilliant in that. Great film, felt like a really good book.

Yeah, absolutely his work has been great, but that film was a heap of tosh. It was just cliche on top of trope. Mc Con beeing all louche and loveable. But, you know, with a heart. Like Ferris Bueller's Law Wagon. Shite.

But I finally watched Mud the other day, and he's fucking brilliant in that. Great film, felt like a really good book.

I agree with you about Mud but tell me what movie doesn't have a cliche? They are almost impossible to avoid and was he not all 'louche and lovable with a heart' in Mud? Okay maybe less louche but you get the picture.

I agree with you about Mud but tell me what movie doesn't have a cliche? They are almost impossible to avoid and was he not all 'louche and lovable with a heart' in Mud? Okay maybe less louche but you get the picture.
Not really, in Mud he's killed in a man. In Mud he has to have a realisation about himself, and all that. Classic Southern Gothic. I'm all for cliches, believe me, just not for every single thing in the movie to be a cliche. Everything. Even my outrage.

Grudge Match .....Stallone V DeNiro in Rocky 9.Enjoyable. 6/10

Inside Llewyn Davis ....no need for a description as all you hepcats no doubt know what it is already.Very Good ..7.5/10

Melificent...Kids movies starring Angelina Jolly ..terrific for what it is(the type of thing I usually can't stand) 7/10

FTL.jpg

a film from McConaughey's 'classic' period. Was a bit of a laugh to watch and complain about. Zooey Deschanel was in it, playing Zooey Deschanel.

Last edited:
Melificent...Kids movies starring Angelina Jolly ..terrific for what it is(the type of thing I usually can't stand) 7/10

When she was young and still "good" why was she called Melificent? She should have been called "Benificent"

mrlogic.jpg

I liked it though. And I have the horn for Melificent, not for Angelina so much but that Goth S&M gear...cor

I was disappointed in Maleficent myself. I think I was expecting a prequel to Snow White rather than a re-imagining though so it's probably my own fault. I thought it didn't go nearly far enough in what it did with the story though.

When she was young and still "good" why was she called Melificent? She should have been called "Benificent"

I suppose there might be some argument made that her character was a strong protector faerie before and their alignment as good or evil is ambiguous at the best of times. Didn't she hold back a human army or something at the start? or was that after? trying to remember... ehhh

Last edited:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I liked this but not as much as the first one. It has clever plotting, good fight scenes and a compelling hero. Slightly let down by some bad CGI and dodgy green screen bits. I know I keep going on about it but this is not in the same league as Dawn of the Planet of the Apes which set a new standard for how great summer blockbusters can be when there's a bit of thought put into them. I'd give Winter Soldier 7/10.

I suppose there might be some argument made that her character was a strong protector faerie before and their alignment as good or evil is ambiguous at the best of times. Didn't she hold back a human army or something at the start? or was that after? trying to remember... ehhh

I was thinking of the term "Malefic"..from the Latin 'maleficus,' meaning evil

Or should I say I was 'overthinking' of the term Malefic...

The wife chose the films last night....

1. Assault On Wall Street: Apparently it had got "good reviews on IMDB". When I saw the words "Uwe" and "Boll" on screen I knew what I was getting, or at least I thought I did. I was expecting a bad movie, but what I got was probably one of the most ridiculous and irresponsible movies I have ever seen. Apparently a guy who murders innocent people just because they happen to work on Wall Street is supposed to be lauded as some form of hero. Very odd. And shit.

2. Safe - Jason Statham in a Jason Statham film. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Enjoyable enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back