What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Gleeson told cruise he was being sent to the front to report on the invasion in a non-combat role, which cruise didn't like, then clarified that he'd be embedded (and protected), and not fighting, which cruise still didn't like. As soon as cruise makes a run for it, well that's actual desertion, and off to heathrow he goes[/qoute]

But it was the alien that *he had just killed* that caused the time travel. Alien dead = no time travel. Or if was still alive enough to send him back, his blue guardian guys would have been reset too and known what was going to happen.

Also - if he *had* managed to go back in time, he hadn't yet gone to the Louvre with his team to kill the alien - but yet they alien had been killed the night before??????? It's a pity because it was actually quite an enjoyable film.

But it was the alien that *he had just killed* that caused the time travel. Alien dead = no time travel. Or if was still alive enough to send him back, his blue guardian guys would have been reset too and known what was going to happen.

Also - if he *had* managed to go back in time, he hadn't yet gone to the Louvre with his team to kill the alien - but yet they alien had been killed the night before??????? It's a pity because it was actually quite an enjoyable film.

here's another take on it
People seem confused by Tom Cruise being reset all the way back to the helicopter and I'm not sure why. He reset 24 hours just like he had been the entire movie. The first time he got the power was on the beach. The second time he got the power, it was before the beach assault even started, hence him getting reset back to the helicopter.
The tricky part comes when you try and figure out why the Omega was still dead when Cruise reset. I think I may have an explanation though...
The first time Cruise gets on the beach he kills an Alpha and steals its Time Loop power. Cruise resets and goes through the beach assault over and over again. But what do we never see again? The Alpha on the beach.
I think that by stealing the Alpha's power, he stole it's ability to reset along with him, making him permanently dead. So by that logic, when Cruise kills the Omega and steals its Time Loop Ability, he also takes away it's ability to reset.

(that one's from someone on reddit)

People seem confused by Tom Cruise being reset all the way back to the helicopter and I'm not sure why. He reset 24 hours just like he had been the entire movie. The first time he got the power was on the beach. The second time he got the power, it was before the beach assault even started, hence him getting reset back to the helicopter.
The tricky part comes when you try and figure out why the Omega was still dead when Cruise reset. I think I may have an explanation though...
The first time Cruise gets on the beach he kills an Alpha and steals its Time Loop power. Cruise resets and goes through the beach assault over and over again. But what do we never see again? The Alpha on the beach.
I think that by stealing the Alpha's power, he stole it's ability to reset along with him, making him permanently dead. So by that logic, when Cruise kills the Omega and steals its Time Loop Ability, he also takes away it's ability to reset.

I can't believe that people are fucking sad enough to go through this ludicrous display of invention in an attempt to justify the ending of that film. How about "HEY LADS, IT'S A FUCKING STUPID ACTION BLOCKBUSTER THAT WAS ACTUALLY A GOOD LAUGH AND WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THE END DOESN'T MAKE SENSE? YOU'D ALMOST THINK IT WAS MADE BY HOLLYWOOD OR SOMETHING!"

I can't believe that people are fucking sad enough to go through this ludicrous display of invention in an attempt to justify the ending of that film. How about "HEY LADS, IT'S A FUCKING STUPID ACTION BLOCKBUSTER THAT WAS ACTUALLY A GOOD LAUGH AND WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THE END DOESN'T MAKE SENSE? YOU'D ALMOST THINK IT WAS MADE BY HOLLYWOOD OR SOMETHING!"

well there is that, yes

Wendy and Lucy - small independent movie from 2008 starring Michelle Williams who gives a great performance. Movie is about a homeless girl and her loyal dog who try to make it to Alaska. Not much happening but strangely compulsive and easy to watch. 7/10

o_O I'll allow it, but if that's the case then it's not something that was made clear in the film - and it's not really the kind of film where you should be left to work that out for yourself![

Saw it enjoyed it a lot, but if the end can't be explained within the logic of the film then it's a worse movie.

And I was really enjoying it so I don't want to like it less so I spent the 30 minutes it took me to get home from the cinema thinking about a way to get it to work, when in fact it's probably just that it was made by dopes and they stuck something stupid at the end.

Crumb definitely in my top three fav documentaries of all time. Just brilliant glimpse into the life of eccentric underground cartoonist Robert Crumb. A likable genius, the doc is funny, thought provoking and down right bizarre. David Lynch produced it. One of the great American documentaries

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Grand Piano. Think Phone Booth with a piano. John Cusack is the psycho voice and Elijah Wood is on the piano. Silly but entertaining.

Róża

- 2011 war movie from Poland, very realistic and harrowing. The leads are outstanding. One of the best war movie I've seen in quite a while.

Oculus. Quite liked it although I thought the two leads were pretty bad. Would have been much better if they'd hired better actors. Fairly creepy in places.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. I wouldn't bother. Intriguing set up but soon descends into silliness and the special effects are ropey. Guillermo del Toro puts his name to some really shit movies.

Nothing Personal....Strange little Irish movie. Okay.

Jodorowsky's Dune (2013)
325x227%3E

Excellent documentry about perhaps the greatest movie that was never made. Alejandro Jodorowsky pulled together the talents of HR Giger, Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, David Carradine, Mick Jagger and Salvador Dali but alas a single frame was never shot...

The interviews with Jodorowsky himself are amazing - the man is in his mid-80s and is so energetic, enthusiastic and just plain incredible. He has such a strong presence and charisma..His son seemed to turn out strangely normal (from what I can see). Makes me wanna watch El Topo and Santa Sangre again and even try Holy Mountain for the first time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back