What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

One thing which puzzled me about Edge of Tomorrow

Why was Brendan Gleeson was so set on sending Tom Cruise into battle? It seemed to suggest that he was willingly sending a man with no combat training to his death just because he was a bit of a prick. A little harsh, douche or not.

wasn't it payback for cruise's character being directly responsible for the recruitment (and inevitable death) of so many others? or something?

wasn't it payback for cruise's character being directly responsible for the recruitment (and inevitable death) of so many others? or something?

yeah but
gleeson is a general in the military. surely he wants to see people sign up and fight the enemy. he sends young men and women to their deaths every day. otherwise he'd be an accountant or something

yeah but
gleeson is a general in the military. surely he wants to see people sign up and fight the enemy. he sends young men and women to their deaths every day. otherwise he'd be an accountant or something
he lies to cruise about sending him to the front with a camera crew, then lies to the officers by telling them cruise is a deserter. either he's got a personal vendetta or he's a psychopath

I assume these spoilers are about the ending - which Donald Clarke was perplexed about.
I'm seeing it Friday and will clear it all up.
Or add massively to the confusion.

Seeing it with a girl though, so the temptation is to read everything beforehand and try and have a solution for the pub to impress her.

Not gonna do that though.

Watched Marathon man last night. Dustin Hoffman was fucking ripped.

Carnage. A queasy master-class in shouty acting and horrible characters.
Carnage_film_poster.jpg

Inferno (1980) directed by Dario Argento. It looked great, heavily stylized with loads of OTT red & blue lighting and rich detailed set design. Nice atmosphere, but it didn’t make a whole lot of sense.

I watched Dune for the first time in years. It really could use some editing and the constant head shots of someone thinking was very annoying

Some great ideas and visuals though

It'll be years before I watch it again

I watched Dune for the first time in years. It really could use some editing and the constant head shots of someone thinking was very annoying

Some great ideas and visuals though

It'll be years before I watch it again

My memory of that film is that it captures the first 50 pages of the book really well in about 90 mins and then tries to cram the rest of the 500 odd pages into an hour.

Well in fairness my main memory is Sting, but the bit above comes second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back