What do you really think... (1 Viewer)

To be fair Moosikins there's only about 8 Punk bands in the whole of the 32 counties.

!ninjaaaa

Question still stands.

Anyways, most of these you'd class as punk(I'd imagine) and they're mostly pretty damn good.

Ructions
Anti-state
Dogmandu
Runnin riot
Freebooters
Social Suicide/Derelicts (Mark's bands)
Septic Pussy
The Lobotomies
1000 drunken nights
Dubtones
the excuses

PS fuck you Janer. ;)

you are absolutely entitled to your own opinion, but you just pissed on entire scene.
if you're not seriously expecting someone to comment on that, you must be joking.

I see you point. But I've been into this scene a long time and felt my opinion is as valid as everyone elses. I'm not going to go round lying, just to make others feel better about themselves.

are you in a band woody?maby you should show the rest of us how its done.

Totally. And considering the current amount/variety of punk bands in this country, the fact that you don't like a single band begs the question are you actually into punk, or did you just used to be? And im not saying you shouldnt state your opinion, im just astounded by it.

Question still stands.

Anyways, most of these you'd class as punk(I'd imagine) and they're mostly pretty damn good.

Ructions/Oi
Anti-state
Dogmandu
Runnin riot/Oi
Freebooters/Oi
Social Suicide/Derelicts (Mark's bands)
Septic Pussy/60's covers band
The Lobotomies/
1000 drunken nights/Ballads
Dubtones/No
the excuses/YES!

PS fuck you Janer. ;)

Ur PS was the only bit that made sense. :p

My reply to Moose was tongue in cheek.

Oi is a form of Punk anyway.
Tis not pure Punk....but a crossing of Punk/Skinhead music.

Janer, i'm not joking but could you draw a diagram of how it all works, I think it has the potential to look deadly. You have it all worked out like

I feel obligated to come in on this now....

There used to be the odd gig in Carlow and Port Laois but I think everyone involved now lives in Dublin.

Gigs in Carlow are a waste of fuckin time. unless you are a thin lizzy cover band

There was a time Bombidol, there was a time. But moose is right...it was pretty much me and Stevo, and a couple of others floating around, keeping gigs going in Carlow (95-98) but we all were around the same age so left home (which invariably ment movin' to the big shmoke) at the same time around the late nineties, then there was no slightly younger kids comin' behind us to carry on with bands and putting on gigs. I've heard word of one or two gigs been put on in the last few years, but nothing continuous as we had back then I think.

But when it comes down to it, gigs in Carlow only kept going coz' we had this nice relationship with the kids in New Ross and Kilkenny whereby if we put on a gig a mini-bus load would come up from those places and vice-versa. But then all of them hit 18 around the same time as well so same problem..I think this is a persistent thing for mini-scenes in small rural towns. Whatever is the punk version of "the brain drain".

Well, if it hadn't been for those kids from New Ross and Kilkenny town, there would have been just 10/5 local people at every gig...with everyone else up at Scragg's Alley watching Thin Az Lizzy

But when it comes down to it, gigs in Carlow only kept going coz' we had this nice relationship with the kids in New Ross and Kilkenny whereby if we put on a gig a mini-bus load would come up from those places and vice-versa.
Exact same thing when i was young and living in macroom in west cork, we'd friends in bands in clonakilty and every few months we'd do a gig in connollys of leap and we'd run a few buses (usualy two 45 seaters) and they'd run a few buses and the bar would serve anyone so we'd have a great night. Then everyone went to college/went doing trades and it all went tits up. Good times though.

I did gigs in Waterford between about 94 and 98. Noone ever showed up a lot of the time. We still did them for our own amusement. Every once in a while though, you'd get a pile of people in. I'm the only Waterford person from those days still involved in doing DIY stuff nowadays unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back