What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (30 Viewers)

n76.jpg

reading this. I never read any Clive Barker before though often intended giving it a go. This one isn't terribly good at all. It was sufficiently ok to keep me interested for a while but now I'm getting bored. I'll stick with it for another bit in the hope something epic happens.

I finished Creation eventually, it's a great read, although it kinda just went on for a good while and then stopped. I was hoping for a grand finale.

I started Inland by Gerald Murnane but gave it up after about 30 pages. Rubbish. And I had such high hopes.

I've just started Fathers & Crows by William Vollmann and I think it'll probably be the best thing ever.
i have The Ice Shirt at home waiting to read. i'm a little bit daunted by this series though

I love Preacher!

I've been meaning to read it for years, and have just finished volume 1 and can't stop! Its so amazing.

When I bought it in Sub City the other day, these two guys came up behind me and were like "Oh God, that's so good, it'll totally get you into comics". I felt like punching them in the face.

I've been meaning to read it for years, and have just finished volume 1 and can't stop! Its so amazing.

I re-read it last year start to finish and it was still as brilliant as I remembered. I love the sense of humour throughout it, definitely a cut above most of the dreck that Marvel and DC were peddling.

When I bought it in Sub City the other day, these two guys came up behind me and were like "Oh God, that's so good, it'll totally get you into comics". I felt like punching them in the face.

Who knows, you might get into music and films next! :rolleyes:

I re-read it last year start to finish and it was still as brilliant as I remembered. I love the sense of humour throughout it, definitely a cut above most of the dreck that Marvel and DC were peddling.

Who knows, you might get into music and films next! :rolleyes:

Yep, totally. I've just read now they're making a tv series? AMC, so Mad Men and Breaking Bad style, could actually be ok!

n76.jpg

reading this. I never read any Clive Barker before though often intended giving it a go. This one isn't terribly good at all. It was sufficiently ok to keep me interested for a while but now I'm getting bored. I'll stick with it for another bit in the hope something epic happens.

Put it down and pick up Weaveworld. That's his epic

I got this from my sis

On-Set-With-John-Carpenter-SALES-COVER-BLURRED.jpg

Didn't realise how amazing this was going to be. Photographs from the set of Halloween, The Fog, Escape From New York & Christine. Stuff like this

bd1.jpg

Kurt Russell on the set of The Fog

kurt-russell-the-fog.jpg

If you're a Carpenter fan it's essential

travelling a lot over the next few weeks, so have a new book bundle to start off my 25 new books in 2015 (pretty modest, but i hate not reaching it if i chose 50) challenge:

51L3ktA41ZL.jpg
51EkAtdYlwL.jpg
homes.jpg

51pATEiEJnL.jpg

Not sure which I'll start with yet :)

I've got 3 books on the go. Woohoo!

The Snow Queen by Michael Cunningham, about the lives of two brothers in New York, one of whom has had some kind of religious/extra-terrestrial encounter. The other one is a junkie musician.

Wild at Heart by Barry Gifford. The one that David Lynch’s film is based on.

Ancient Evenings by Norman Mailer. 700+ page book set in Ancient Egypt. Full of buggery and death.

I'm a fairly slow reader and would be lucky to get through 15-18 books in a year.
I find when I hurry through a book that I just don't get as much out of it - like devouring a dinner without really tasting it. I do need to spend more actual time reading though and get off the bloody Internet.

I'm still on Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood - having started it over Christmas. It's great - part 2 of the MaddAddam trilogy.

51cWqSkaOJL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back