[UH OH! PLOT SPOILERS!]Donnie Darko (1 Viewer)

Wilbert

Website
www.gettaroom.com
Donnie Darko

If you haven't already seen Donnie Darko, then I recommend you get yourself along to the IFC and enjoy the film of the year so far.

The best description is the one they use to market the film, which is "like a John Hughes movie directed by David Lynch". Throw in a healthy dose of Being John Malkovich style imagination and you're there.

Fantastic.

she probably read the script and offered to ride each one of the casting people right then and there for a part... probably.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
deadly.
was thinking about it today actually.

but drew barrymores part? what the fuck was that all about?

Originally posted by happy
she probably read the script and offered to ride each one of the casting people right then and there for a part... probably.

More likely she put up/raised the money for it, being as she was executive producer. No enlightened male points for you.

Cool... went to see this last night. I never go to the cinema.
Some interesting ideas there.... nice the way the link-up is made between wormholes, redemption, the artist's responsibility to break things, influence and consequence, teenage fear and the absurdity of traditional narrative.
A film about the Chinese girl who did that Swan Lake performance could be more interesting though.

One theory is it's an allegory of the life of Jesus - there's plenty of evidence in the movie to support this.

Or it might be about the open interpretability of the world. The film never makes it clear what explanation is the true one - religion or physics or psychology. That's the point. DD points out that all the different ways of explaining the same mysterious phenomena are all equally valid but that they'll also always go unresolved.

Or it might just be an 80s teen/nostalgia flick - plenty of film references in there: Harvey, E.T., Back to the Future, The Shining.

Or it's about psychosis.

The best theory comes from Roberta Sparrow herself.

But probably it's all of these.

yeah i went to see it awhile ago aswell

especially when that echo and the bunnymen song came sweeping in at the start

I really should geta membership to the IFC i just got turned off it when i went to see mullholland drive.

I remember some guy outsider asking me what i thought
i said "kinda shit"

and he said i had to see it again to let it all make sense and that makes it a good film.

nah cause i saw fight club and twelve monkey and sixth sense and back to the future more twice and i liked them the first time around aswell.

he was wearing snakeskin boot and leather pants...... and stupid designer glasses....

maybe hes on the board,,,
anyway donnie darko......... loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back