Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

pretty sure the park has strict noise rules, whole lot of animals there that dont react well to noise, and what if it caused a crazed stampeed with the deer? that would be kinda cool tho.

This part of the thread is called Flames From The Phoenix

I read this yesterday before the gig and fully agreed with you.
"Fuck all that shit, it won't matter, it's Tom Waits!" i thought.

But it did matter.

The performance was amazing.... totally incredible.
Great song choices too.
Hoist That Rag was gloriously brilliant, Lost In The Harbour was so beautiful, about half the songs off Bone Machine completely ingeniously reinvented, surprise appearances for title tracks off both Heart of Saturday Night and Blue Valentine... and all with such amazing charisma.
What a guy!

But the sound was so fucking poxy... like someone else was saying, this was without doubt the lowest volume gig i've ever been at.
I was sitting in the front row at D (the left side, close enough so i could see everything), but i had to keep straining forward to fully try and take it in.
They needed to have some speakers at the sides.
It sounded like i was standing outside the tent.

And on top of that, i was surrounded by cunts.
Singing-along-when-they-don't-know-the-words cunts, he's-done-10-songs-now-let's-chat-about-work cunts, walking-in-and-out-constantly cunts.
Why the hell did all these people pay €140 for that??

It would've been ok if i could have stood up and walked away, but with all seating you're just stuck there.

I think i hate big gigs

And on top of that, i was surrounded by cunts.
Singing-along-when-they-don't-know-the-words cunts, he's-done-10-songs-now-let's-chat-about-work cunts, walking-in-and-out-constantly cunts.
Why the hell did all these people pay €140 for that??
quote]

See. See now. This is the only thing stopping me from from completely losing my mind over missing this gig.

How was it by the way?

two Spanish women were sitting behind me and the boyf (we were in the left hand section on the flat) and kept talking out loud during songs, I wanted to clatter them! then they'd yelp and shout in these piercing voices as well. Bints. I think Fionn Regan was sitting near me but I could be wrong. I think that John Kelly was there as well. Great gig but the volume was really low. What a man though, he was bloody hilarious too!

i don't think he was funny in the slightest... that was the biggest letdown of all... where was the man who recorded nighthawks at the diner?....

great show though... setlist was fantastic... where do i find it?

cheers...

i got a more accurate version (in order with originating album listed)...

Lucinda (Orphans - Brawlers)
Rain Dogs (Rain Dogs)
Way Down in The Hole (Frank's Wild Years)
I'll Shoot The Moon (Black Rider)
Other Side of the World (Night on Earth)
Falling Down (Big Time)
Jesus' Gonna Be Here (Bone Machine)
Tom Traubert's Blues (Small Change)
Heart of Saturday Night (Heart of Saturday Night)
Lost in the Harbor (Alice)
House Where Nobody Lives (Mule Variations)
Innocent When You Dream (Frank's Wild Years)
Hoist That Rag (Real Gone)
Cemetery Polka (Rain Dogs)
Green Grass (Real Gone)
Long Way Home (Orphans - Bawlers)
Lie To Me (Orphans - Brawlers)
Blue Valentines (Blue Valentine)
Trampled Rose (Real Gone)
Eyeball Kid (Mule Variations)
Going Out West (Bone Machine)
God's Away on Business (Blood Money)
Make It Rain (Real Gone)
--------------
16 Shells from a Thirty-Ought Six (Swordfishtrombones)
Heigh Ho (Orphans - Bastards)
Dirt in the Ground (Bone Machine)
--------------
Metropolitan Glide (Real Gone)
Lucky Day (Black Rider)

My highlights were Lost in the Harbour and the radically different version of Dirt in the Ground. Got right up the front for the encores and was great to see him up that close. excellent show but agree with some of the gripes that other people were having. Although that said I've been to gigs where the cunt ratio has been way higher (Tortoise two weeks ago being one example) and on the whole it was very well organised.

My highlights were Lost in the Harbour and the radically different version of Dirt in the Ground. Got right up the front for the encores and was great to see him up that close. excellent show but agree with some of the gripes that other people were having. Although that said I've been to gigs where the cunt ratio has been way higher (Tortoise two weeks ago being one example) and on the whole it was very well organised.

I missed Lost In The Harbour as I had to go for a pish.
My highlight was seeing Andy Reid there. Wow!
Nah...'Going Out West' was rapah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back