Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

Get over yourselves, ffs.
It's the performance and the music that counts. The rest is just minor details.
But the minor details do add up if there are lots of them - this is why I went to see him in a beautiful Victorian theatre instead of a tent (OK, so I was going to have to travel to see him either way, if I'd lived in Dublin I would have just liked it or lumped it).

I think the epic kvetching is justified taking the ticket prices into account. By rights I should have had Tom coming to my B&B and serenading me personally, whilst spoonfeeding me the ice cream of my choice in between songs, for the amount I paid for my ticket.

jesus christ tonight topped wednesday. amazing. i'm gonna feel very empty with no tom gigs to go to next week.

Some epic fecking kvetching going on in this thread.

The seating's too plastic, too close, too far. Bar's closed, people are drunk. Tickets are this, tickets are fucking that.
Get over yourselves, ffs.
It's the performance and the music that counts. The rest is just minor details.

I read this yesterday before the gig and fully agreed with you.
"Fuck all that shit, it won't matter, it's Tom Waits!" i thought.

But it did matter.

The performance was amazing.... totally incredible.
Great song choices too.
Hoist That Rag was gloriously brilliant, Lost In The Harbour was so beautiful, about half the songs off Bone Machine completely ingeniously reinvented, surprise appearances for title tracks off both Heart of Saturday Night and Blue Valentine... and all with such amazing charisma.
What a guy!

But the sound was so fucking poxy... like someone else was saying, this was without doubt the lowest volume gig i've ever been at.
I was sitting in the front row at D (the left side, close enough so i could see everything), but i had to keep straining forward to fully try and take it in.
They needed to have some speakers at the sides.
It sounded like i was standing outside the tent.

And on top of that, i was surrounded by cunts.
Singing-along-when-they-don't-know-the-words cunts, he's-done-10-songs-now-let's-chat-about-work cunts, walking-in-and-out-constantly cunts.
Why the hell did all these people pay €140 for that??

It would've been ok if i could have stood up and walked away, but with all seating you're just stuck there.

I think i hate big gigs

Singing-along-when-they-don't-know-the-words cunts, he's-done-10-songs-now-let's-chat-about-work cunts, walking-in-and-out-constantly cunts.
Why the hell did all these people pay €XX for that??

I think i hate big gigs

I say this at every show I go to these days. I swear, if there are annoying people, they stand / sit right next to me. I'm like a magnet for them, along with the lone crazy dancer and make-out couple.

I was sitting in the front row at D (the left side, close enough so i could see everything), but i had to keep straining forward to fully try and take it in.
They needed to have some speakers at the sides.
It sounded like i was standing outside the tent.

Why the hell did all these people pay €140 for that??

I was sitting about 6 rows behind you so and the amount of twats who couldn't stay in their seats in my row for more than two songs was amazing. If you're going to get up and go to the bar or the toilet, do it between songs. Don't wait for the quietest moment of the quietest song and then go by everyone going "sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry" like the shithead in my row did.

People were annoying me too with their standing-ovation-for-every-song routine.

I hate people!

Except you lot in Thumped. You guys are aaaaallllllright!!!

I say this at every show I go to these days. I swear, if there are annoying people, they stand / sit right next to me. I'm like a magnet for them, along with the lone crazy dancer and make-out couple.
i hate the make out couple. pricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back