Threads (1 Viewer)

Heads

That was the scariest week of my life (so far). BBC showed a documentary in which they simulated the effect of a nuclear blast on the head of a person in his living room, 5 miles away from the blast site.

To do this, they used a marrow placed on a stick inside the living room., about 3 feet from window. Then they blew in the window. The marrow was shredded, leaving a piece about the size of cherry tomato still on the stick.

I don't sit near windows any more.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
They have Threads DVD on ebay. I put a bid in.

When I saw the film back in the mid-1980s it scared the fuck out of me. Far better than The Day After too.

How do you think I feel.

My head is a marrow placed on a stick.

LIVE IT UP, FLESH-BOY!

In other news, I also heard that all thumped threads are now available on DVD.

Originally posted by rumpus
In other news, I also heard that all thumped threads are now available on DVD.

the bonus disc has the actors who play Hapi andHector giving a commentary

Hapi - 'Darling you were fabulous in this post, I was convinced you had gone quite mad'

Hec- 'No no lovie, it was all you, I was playing off YOUR raw energy'

Hapi - 'oh Darling you're too kind.... oh watch what Syb does here with the quote button, its really quite extrordinary...'

threads scared the bejeesus out of me in me youth as well.

it definitely contributed to my general pervading fear that i was going to die in a nuclear war. the man from the civil defense that came into school and showed us how to use a geiger counter and hide under the stairs with tinned soup didn't help much, to be honest.

that fillum gave me a complex. i was terrrified of newclear war. i did up the cubby hole under the stairs so i could be safe and i read duck and cover bukes from the fifties looking for pointers. deadly.

now we're on the brink of war again, i just couldn't care. come on you bastards. gimme all you got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back