there's a mouse, loose, about my house. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 60
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
5 floors up so out the window seems cruel... not going to get dressed and wander down the stairs (some unsavoury types camped out in the stairwells at night). I blame sleep deprivation (or perhaps depravity) for what I did next. I drowned the mouse. :eek: He swam for about 5 seconds and then just died.

although my own murderous past has been mentioned above, I'm inclined to think you a sadist.

Scorched earth policy.

img89.gif

i don't really have a problem with killing mice, although i have to admit that the time i killed one with a broom handle, i didn't feel too proud or good about myself. but i have found that humane, box-with-trapdoor mousetraps are a lot more effective than killer traps. they have to walk right in to the box to get at the food and they always trip the door. of course, the best thing is a cat. cats will know about a mouse way before you will.

used to work in a cereal grain factory so as you can well imagine we were especially vigilant and well be-trapped....poison (not in the food production areas tho), little boxes of death, sheets of paper with incredibly sticky glue on the top...saw many little mouse corpses while i worked there...the poisoned ones were the worst, you'd find them curled up in a ball surrounded by mulitcoloured shit...and mice trapped on the glue-sheets would often take to gnawing their little legs off to escape.

great job.

i don't really have a problem with killing mice, although i have to admit that the time i killed one with a broom handle, i didn't feel too proud or good about myself. but i have found that humane, box-with-trapdoor mousetraps are a lot more effective than killer traps. they have to walk right in to the box to get at the food and they always trip the door. of course, the best thing is a cat. cats will know about a mouse way before you will.

yeah there's a local stray cat that we spent weeks shooshing away cause he kept trying to get into the house. now we're trying to coax him back. and then let nature take it's course.

mice trapped on the glue-sheets would often take to gnawing their little legs off to escape.

:eek: That reminds me of a bit in "The Twits" only that was birds.

yeah there's a local stray cat that we spent weeks shooshing away cause he kept trying to get into the house. now we're trying to coax him back. and then let nature take it's course.

Good plan... or you could also try building your own humane trap... instructions here http://www.smithsax.btinternet.co.uk/

Bit harsh calling people shitheads for not being "humane" to mice.

Mice are vermin. Mice don't have souls (was thought that in school, so it must be true). You cannot reason with a mouse. If you release them, they come back. Because there's food there.

Mice spread disease and can kill you. Especially children. Sure, it's rare. But it happens.

It's nothing personal, it's just business.

As for those traps that they stick to. You still have to kill them.

Drowning is the most humane way to do it. Because it's quick and they give up easily.

Or a hammer.

Standing on them works too.

Mice can fuck off.

Ok, I'm all for "live and let live" but house mice are house mice. You set them free outside they're either back into your place or they move in and annoy the neighbours (failing this they will probably die slowly from starvation and cold). They also breed prodigiously. Something has to be done.

I made friends with the mouse in my house. Sometimes he logs in with my user name. I hope he doesn't see this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back