Tell me what yis are listening to (1 Viewer)

nooly said:
yes, perfectly healthy, green/grey/yellowish is not. vaginal discharge may go through a number of textural changes in the course of a month, from clear, runny liquid to thick white mucous. that is all
Wow. Imagine going down on a girl to find she's oozing green. I've seen some weird stuff in my time but nothing like that. Maybe it's apple flavour.

yeah byrnoes i'd love a tape of it please.

i'll do something upo in return for ya..check the zine or something and see what i have that you might want.

email me: [email protected]

thanks

trev

zyklon b zombie said:
Oh my god, do people really still listen to Psychic TV? :)
Years ago, they had a pseudo-cult called "thee temple ov psychic youth", which I was a member of and heavily involved with. Genesis P-Orridge was a funny lad, he just gets stranger as time goes on (he has recently got breast implants).
I have that album (one of about 30 PTV albums I still own). The track "Supermale", which mixes the voices of Pope John Paul II with Anton La Vey, is the best thing on it.
Psychic TV's music has dated so very badly. Everyone of their albums that I listen to now, I think "well, this COULD have been good".
Hah hah, what a blast from the past, though.
To be honest, if you want to hear music like this done well, check out Coil. Particularly, their album "Love's Secret Domain".
Some of you may already know Coil from their remixes of Nine Inch Nails: check out your copies of Fixed and Further Down The Spiral. Also, their remix of "Closer" (which was also the theme music to the film "Seven") is fantastic.

hahaha what was this cult like? just everyone who was obsessed with psychic tv? did you ever see them live?

To anyone interested,I would actually reccomend "Scatology" by Coil as well.Excellent album..(even if Gavin Bloody Friday shows up on it)and what little of "Black Light District" i've heard was good too.Then, go check out Sleep Chamber,similar kinda buzz.Avoid Psychic TV though.They're pooh.

I can't believe I fucked up the Dopesmoker thing..I was thinking of DopeTHRONE by electric wizard.
I'm slightly embarassed i have to say.But..err..yeah, well,the hell with Dopesmoker anyway, get your hands on a copy of "Forest of Equilibrium" by Cathedral.Far better than any Sleep record.(and I like Sleep)
Call me old fashioned but I really don't get the "stoner doom" thing.I prefer the more tortured,evil sounding stuff meself.I mean why would you listen to "The Wizard" by Black Sabbath" when you could have "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" instead..

I feel another rant about the .|..| SWANS .|..| coming on..better go

no_exit said:
hahaha what was this cult like? just everyone who was obsessed with psychic tv? did you ever see them live?
The "cult" (although it was intended as a secret society; an anti-cult) was founded before Psychic TV, in 1981. "Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth" was an organisation dedicated to the exploration of sexual magick, that is, we believed that the orgasm was a door to another realm of reality, in which moment powerful preturnatural forces could be harnessed. Drugs were used, in conjunction with BDSM rituals, to achieve altered states. It was mostly influenced by the works of Aleister Crowley, and founded by Genesis P-Orridge, Peter Sleazy Christopherson and John Balance(of Coil), and David Tibet (of Current 93).
T.O.P.Y. rituals involved blood-letting, the use of musical instruments made from human bone, all bi-sexual activites which seemed repugnant (drinking semen, menstrual blood and urine, for instance). Rituals always took place on the 23rd of every month (at 11 o clock, or 23.00 hours). Initiation involved genital piercing and having the symbol of the Psychick Cross either tattooed, branded or deeply scarred on to the members body.
It has disbanded... for many years now. They were strange years of my life, and ones which I really think changed me very much... I still have a lot of interest in similar areas of activity. And I still have the scars...

The group Psychic TV was set up to be the propaganda outlet of Thee Temple. Disguised in the form of a rock band. All the PTV albums are total shit, to be honest, seeing as Gen P-O had no talent and no-one in the band ever knew write music. Sorry, but PTV suck... Coil are gold, however.

I haven't been in contact with Genesis P-Orridige for about 3 years. I do, however, maintain contact with Dave Tibet (Current 93) and the Coil guys.

I think I did some stuff with Psychic TV, but neither remember nor care about it any more. They put out over 60 albums, at least.

needtokill said:
To anyone interested,I would actually reccomend "Scatology" by Coil as well.Excellent album..(even if Gavin Bloody Friday shows up on it)and what little of "Black Light District" i've heard was good too.Then, go check out Sleep Chamber,similar kinda buzz.Avoid Psychic TV though.They're pooh.
Coil: Scatology I hated at first, it's very industrial and very punk in parts. But I've come to really like it. Much better is thier second album, Horse Rotorvator: extremely dark, industrial, very homoerotic (The song "the Anal Staircase" is a classic). It is one of Trent Reznor's favorite albums.
Their third one, Love's Secret Domain, is their best... recorded between 1988-1990: their techno album. Aphex Twin, Basement Jaxx, Surgeon, Autechre and Orbital have also blantently nicked large sections of this album for their own work.
Black Light District is hit and miss, but when it hits, it's fantastic.

althouhg jamie that might have to do with the fact that ya dont smoke, surely the beauty of dopesmoker is listening to it while falling into a lovely sleep after smoking a bit of dope, between it an old man gloom i could happily sleep forever!

Jesus i should really stop posting at 5:10am in work, me wants sleep!

For the sleepy smokers among you, I would heartily recommend Tarantula Hawk's second Lp. Not wanting to seem like I'm showing off by name-dropping obscure bands, I'll just say that I'm listening to:
Iron Maiden: first eight Lp's
Planxty: first Lp, the well below the valley
Andy Irvine: way out yonder
Sweeney's men: the tracks of sweeney (nothing to do, thank god, with ken)
Dark Funeral: the arrival of satan's empire

zyklon b zombie said:
The "cult" (although it was intended as a secret society; an anti-cult) was founded before Psychic TV, in 1981. "Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth" was an organisation dedicated to the exploration of sexual magick, that is, we believed that the orgasm was a door to another realm of reality, in which moment powerful preturnatural forces could be harnessed. Drugs were used, in conjunction with BDSM rituals, to achieve altered states. It was mostly influenced by the works of Aleister Crowley, and founded by Genesis P-Orridge, Peter Sleazy Christopherson and John Balance(of Coil), and David Tibet (of Current 93).
T.O.P.Y. rituals involved blood-letting, the use of musical instruments made from human bone, all bi-sexual activites which seemed repugnant (drinking semen, menstrual blood and urine, for instance). Rituals always took place on the 23rd of every month (at 11 o clock, or 23.00 hours). Initiation involved genital piercing and having the symbol of the Psychick Cross either tattooed, branded or deeply scarred on to the members body.
It has disbanded... for many years now. They were strange years of my life, and ones which I really think changed me very much... I still have a lot of interest in similar areas of activity. And I still have the scars...

The group Psychic TV was set up to be the propaganda outlet of Thee Temple. Disguised in the form of a rock band. All the PTV albums are total shit, to be honest, seeing as Gen P-O had no talent and no-one in the band ever knew write music. Sorry, but PTV suck... Coil are gold, however.

I haven't been in contact with Genesis P-Orridige for about 3 years. I do, however, maintain contact with Dave Tibet (Current 93) and the Coil guys.

I think I did some stuff with Psychic TV, but neither remember nor care about it any more. They put out over 60 albums, at least.

wow, that's all pretty insane. in the booklet it goes on about there always being thousands of people showing up to their shows. i'm assuming that it was basically just all people involved in the cult? to be honest i had no idea about psychic tv, i sort of er, just "found" the CD in my house.

no_exit said:
wow, that's all pretty insane. in the booklet it goes on about there always being thousands of people showing up to their shows. i'm assuming that it was basically just all people involved in the cult? to be honest i had no idea about psychic tv, i sort of er, just "found" the CD in my house.
Re: the crowd at PTV gigs. They weren't always T.O.P.Y. people. PTV, back in day, had a couple of number one chart hits, and were relatively well known. I recall one particular gig at the start of which Genesis P-O brought his whole family on stage, stripped them and himself naked, the rest of the band also took off all their clothes, and then Gen P-O convinced the whole audience to strip naked as well. And only when everyone was naked, would the band perform! Hah hah, that was a laugh!

Incidentally, if you want any more Psychic TV albums, I have tons of them, and I'll happily send them to you. It's all crap, in my opinion. But if you are interested, it would be better you having them then them gathering dust on my shelves. Contact me via Private Message... I'll happily send you CDRs of the better stuff to emerge from that scene like Coil, etc.

That said, all of you might be scared of the perverted sex-and-drug black magic experimenter that I am! :)

If you are interested, the basic manifesto of "Thee Temple of Psychick Youth" was published in 1982 in a document called the Grey Book, and here it is: http://webusers.physics.umn.edu/~duvernoi/grey.html

I still agree with original intent of the group: to make people discover their true will, to enjoy their bodies and others bodies. Especially in our country, where sexual repression seems to be ingraned into every Irish psyche. Maybe I'm just coming across as some sleazy pervert, but why do we all have such hang ups about things that bring us happiness? Sex and drugs and food and music and life? Why all the tension? Answer: because of bullshit governments that are all the same liers and garbage religions with useless tomes in latin and arsehole priests whittering on about things they know nothing about. Fuck that. Choose Anarchy, but REAL Ararchy not just liberal leftwing politics, that is: enjoy life. To the MAX. Because it really is very short. We dont have time for bullshit politics and bullshit religions. Find your own path and fucking stick to it, and if you aren't learning something or enjoying yourself, you're doing some thing wrong. If so, QUESTION it- something we have been trained not to do (by religion and governments). I've only just realized now that I've gone on a major rant, but I'm very high right now. So fuck it.

But it's all very punk, really, this attitude, true punk that is: do what thou wilt being the only law and all. Incidentally, PTV and TOPY emerged from a group called Throbbing Gristle, who were a major punk band and one the most influential bands of the seventies. Without them, alternative music as it these days would not exist.

The Last Chance - s/t
MinorThreat discog
DeadPrez - let's get free & turn off the radio (lookin forward to Vol.2 this month)
The Cure - kis me kiss me kiss me , japanese whispers , disintegration
JohnnyHatesJazz - turn back the clock
InMyEyes - nothing to hide (always fuckin amazin)
Section 8 - throw a spanner in the works (forgot how good this album was - best euro youthcrew band ever)
HHH - making changes
Moz - all
Common - like water for chocolate
Undying - at history's end (pretty disappointed though)
OverMyDeadBody - sink or swim ( not as good as their older stuff but still solid)

The Gore Gore Girls - Up All Night . - V.Good Album Garage Punk meets 60's Girl Group-style Pop. Astral Girl and I Don't Think so are classics.
V/A - Standing In The Shadows. - A Rolling Stones Tribute. Alright. The Knaughty Knights do a great punked-up version of Connection.
The Dwarves - Are Young and Good looking. - About 4 years old. Quality control a bit inconsistent, but I'm in love woith Everybody's Girl, Pimp, and You Gotta Burn are great songs.
The Cramps - Fiends of Dope Island.- Some really good stuff, but overall a bit disappointing.
V/A - Bad Vibrations Vol. 2. - Okay 60's Garage comp. Great Song Women by a band called Ferris Wheel.
V/A - Scum Of The Earth - Really Good 50's Rockabilly/ 60's Garage collection. About 8 or 9 stand-out songs. Head and Shoulders above most similar comps.

beecher,.|..| beecher.|..| more beecher.|..| possiably my favourite album this year.

also: life of agony
american heritage
johnny truant
cult of luna

and(seriously!!!) electric six:D

xsteox said:
beecher,.|..| beecher.|..| more beecher.|..| possiably my favourite album this year.

also: life of agony
american heritage
johnny truant
cult of luna

and(seriously!!!) electric six:D
I'm with you on the Electric Six thing.Guilty pleasures eh..??And even worse, I'm kinda slowly coming around to the Darkness against my better judgement.Help.Please.
Otherwise:A tape of stuff I downloaded in my brother's gaff, such as:
Schifosi
Crustina Aguilera
They and The Children
Earth Died Screaming
Bodies in the Gears
Black Freighter
Umbrella
Massgrave

and "Introduce yourself" by Faith No More

Incidentally, l;ast night I dreamt Faith No More had reformed, but instead of Chuck Mosely or Mike Patton, they had the midget from "Fantasy Island" on vocals.How cool would that be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back