Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

BptWw9MIMAAXwnd.png
Who counts how many drinks they have a week? I'd say I'm somewhere in the medium risk category.

Who counts how many drinks they have a week? I'd say I'm somewhere in the medium risk category.

If I'm active I'd probably be high risk (whatever that means), because I would go out for dinner after work every night and have at least a beer and two glasses of wine then.

The weekend is a lot heavier obv. Soccer game at 10am on Saturday will turn into a few lunchtime beers and a bit of a ramble. Disco nap and out to do it all again.
Sunday brunch is also a wild card, as in it could last for most of the day.

If I'm active I'd probably be high risk (whatever that means), because I would go out for dinner after work every night and have at least a beer and two glasses of wine then.

The weekend is a lot heavier obv. Soccer game at 10am on Saturday will turn into a few lunchtime beers and a bit of a ramble. Disco nap and out to do it all again.
Sunday brunch is also a wild card, as in it could last for most of the day.
I don't drink much during the week. Maybe one night in the pub. the weekends are usually a free for all. I generally feel like crap until Tuesday or Wednesday which is why I don't like to booze in the week.

I don't drink much during the week. Maybe one night in the pub. the weekends are usually a free for all. I generally feel like crap until Tuesday or Wednesday which is why I don't like to booze in the week.

I like the social aspect. I know most everyone in my local, there's usually a game on, the food's good, the wine's great. There's a lot to like.
Hurts you in the wallet and waistband though.

Most of my friends are married with kids now, so I hardly ever drink anymore.
I miss the craic alright, but am generally a lot happier to be drinking less.

The world cup could be trouble though. Pretty easy to get through three or four pints during a match.

Most of my friends are married with kids now, so I hardly ever drink anymore.
I miss the craic alright, but am generally a lot happier to be drinking less.

The world cup could be trouble though. Pretty easy to get through three or four pints during a match.

And there are four matches on Saturday.

Last edited:
Alcohol addiction and abuse seems to correlate heavily with colder/northern climes and alcohol is popular in every country where it is not strictly verboten.

Having said that I've never heard Canadians to be particular pissheads.

Alcohol addiction and abuse seems to correlate heavily with colder/northern climes and alcohol is popular in every country where it is not strictly verboten.

I read that at the time.
I keep going back to it and dreaming.

Weren't they moderate drinkers?
yeah probably moderate in reality, but going purely by what it says in the article:

2 - 3.5 glasses of wine daily
- Doesn't say how big the glasses are.

Lets assume that assume a glass = 1 unit (which I think is unlikely but anyway) and 2-3.5 = an average of 3 units per night. This is below the 5 standard units per night so yeah, that would be moderate. However, 3 drinks times 7 days = 21 units a week which according to drinkaware.ie puts people in the 'at risk' category.

Anyway, if I'm making any point here (and I'm not even sure I am) it's that if the government wants people to stop drinking then they need to take a serious look at our quality of life. Working all day in a high-stress job in a multinational (BEST SMALL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO DO BUSINESS IN) and then going home to binge on netflix will drive anyone to drink.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back