Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

I gave up drink for a bit. Had some ales (not too many) on Saturday for the first time this year. I still feel like shit. My body is telling me something.

I've been off the booze since the end of December. It's going well; I'm feeling good, sleeping better, think my mood is generally better(ish). I can't say I've shedloads more energy or anything, but it's great not having to lose days to hangovers.
The other evening I went out to meet a mate for tea. TEA FFS!!!

I think the thing with booze is that I notice a lot more now the effect that a night out, or even a few beers can have and while it can be good fun, it's not worth the time that it takes to feel normal again. I always worry about the idea that it becomes a bit of a routine that's hard to break out of, so it's cool to reign it in. Start going out and not drinking or go out and have one nice drink.

i went out nye, got arseholed on a combination of beer/champagne/gin/whiskey, lost my jacket and phone (actually, hid them too well from my drunk self - they later turned up). i've been off the drink since. i do feel better for it. i'm sure i'll be drinking again soon enough, but i still have no desire for it.

I'm thinking about giving up for a while, too, maybe Feb. I try to do too many things at once and I lose my sanity, but boozing is making me depressed.

I'm off the gargle.

I'm aiming high...I'd like to put in a 3 month wagon trail...let the auld body repair itself...but one day at a time for now

Feeling fairly fucking positive all the same!

^ yep, lime soda is a great / cheap one to drink when you're out but not drinking. Gingerale maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back