Staying off the drink (3 Viewers)

I'm a week into my latest sobriety attempt. I've teamed it up with a tough-ish diet and I'm down a half-stone since last Friday. About 2 stone to go, which I think will be a bit easier now my fitness is coming back somewhat.
I told a friend the full tale of "My Drink Hell" and he reckons I should write a book. I just might. Keep me from thinking of chips all day anyway.

I'm a week into my latest sobriety attempt. I've teamed it up with a tough-ish diet and I'm down a half-stone since last Friday. About 2 stone to go, which I think will be a bit easier now my fitness is coming back somewhat.
I told a friend the full tale of "My Drink Hell" and he reckons I should write a book. I just might. Keep me from thinking of chips all day anyway.

How did this go?

Oh god. Another sober productive weekend. The boredom!

I'm enjoying not having a thumping head most sat / sun mornings now. Though only as I'm currently living alone, have no drinking buddy, no decent fancy beer off-licences or gigs nearby and throw poverty into the mix too. That's not to say I haven't had the occasional beer here and there but not getting drunk is the new ..... Drunk?

I see this ending on Friday as I've a stag to go on, but I do have a date on Saturday so perhaps that's the incentive to take it easy / be a gheyer and go home early on Friday night

Tell us more about this diet? Well, tell me, I'm eating far too much lately.

The key to any good diet is to, as Joe Pesci shouts at Bob de Niro in Raging Bull: "stop fucking eating!".
It's a simple diet. I suppose it's probably the Paleo/caveman diet.
I eat weetabix in the morning. A piece of chicken/steak/fish with lots of veg for lunch/dinner and then usually scrambled eggs with veg in the evening with a few spoons of greek yoghurt for something sweet after. I don't eat between 6:30pm and 9am and do a bit of running. If I'm out I'll eat fruit if I can't get anything that fits the diet or even a pack of chicken slices or roast beef slices and just eat them plain. Anything to avoid having a sandwich or something like that.
Throw in the odd treat now and again and it's a cinch. I don't feel hunger anymore and I've lost 7kg in 35 days or so.

comic2-1303.png

The key to any good diet is to, as Joe Pesci shouts at Bob de Niro in Raging Bull: "stop fucking eating!".
It's a simple diet. I suppose it's probably the Paleo/caveman diet.
I eat weetabix in the morning. A piece of chicken/steak/fish with lots of veg for lunch/dinner and then usually scrambled eggs with veg in the evening with a few spoons of greek yoghurt for something sweet after. I don't eat between 6:30pm and 9am and do a bit of running. If I'm out I'll eat fruit if I can't get anything that fits the diet or even a pack of chicken slices or roast beef slices and just eat them plain. Anything to avoid having a sandwich or something like that.
Throw in the odd treat now and again and it's a cinch. I don't feel hunger anymore and I've lost 7kg in 35 days or so.

You don't think it's the no booze?

That definitely helps but there's no way you'd lose a stone in 4 weeks just by not drinking. Besides, once you start eating less you begin to realise that you never needed so much fucking food in the first place.

That probably depends on how much you were drinking.

But yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back