Stan (1 Viewer)

Crowbar0

It makes me physically angry thinking about why this imbecile is manager, appointed by a bunch of retards.

He play's people out of position for NO REASON, NO FUCKING REASON!!!

He can't pick the right team to save his life. Kevin Kilbane is a fucking donkey, Hunt is a decent premiership winger, playing and scoring, but not picked.

It was blatently obvious how out of place O'Shea and Kelly were when defending. They didnt know where to go or where to be, which is fair enough, as THEY'RE NEVER FUCKING THERE 364 days a year!!!

We need another 6 or 8 Richard Dunne's!!

Yeah, he's a fucking numpty. Hes just a symptom of the problem though, what needs to be done is to sack THE ENTIRE FUCKING FAI for both selecting him and supporting that selection. Stan is there so some fucking board man can make more money by not having to pay a good manager. It's just like Roy Keane said in 2002, they put themselves before the team and before the football. FUCK THEM!

Ah, now lads in fairness to the FAI, he had at least four months experience prior to taking the job. As a defence coach. In the reserves. At Walsall.

He knows what he's doing...

If Stan was making the best of a bad situation it wouldn't be his fault. As things stand, he's making the worst out of a decent situation. Fuck him.

Delaney has to go too though. He's a politician through and through and football is always gonna come second to spin and back scratching. Cunt.

If Stan was making the best of a bad situation it wouldn't be his fault. As things stand, he's making the worst out of a decent situation. Fuck him.

Delaney has to go too though. He's a politician through and through and football is always gonna come second to spin and back scratching. Cunt.

Stan only pawn in game of life

Can they do nothing right

Republic of Ireland boss Steve Staunton has found himself at the centre of an embarrassing mix-up over a family bereavement which has ruled Stephen Ireland out of Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier in Prague.

Ireland was told by FAI officials shortly after Saturday's 2-2 draw in Slovakia that his maternal grandmother, with whom he was particularly close, had died. He was still under that impression when he flew back to Manchester the next morning.

It was not until he arrived back home in Cheshire that Ireland discovered it was in fact his paternal grandmother who had passed away.

In the meantime, the FAI issued a statement which led to the wrong grandmother being named as deceased in the first editions of some newspapers.

Staunton said the FAI officials who had broken the news to the player after the match in Bratislava had been misinformed.

He revealed: "I was up half the night [sorting it out]. It's not on his mother's side, it's on his father's side. We were given the wrong information. It's his grandmother, we send him our best wishes and that's the end of that.

"I spoke to Stephen this morning. The grandmother's in London and the family don't know whether to move her back to Cork. That's their own business so I think everybody should let it lie and respect the family."

Stans post match interview
Interviewer "Do you think that some of the substitutions may have been wrong, why didn't you bring on Andy Reid"
Stan "McGeady took a knock and had to come off so I picked Gibbo, Andy Reid's a great player but he wasn't picked tocome on so that's that"

I mean for fuck sake what kind of an answer is that :confused::confused:

I hate rugby but from the post match interviews I heard on the radio today at least the lads were saying they played shit and that it wasn't good enough, no chance of Stan admitting anything like that, San Marino are a potential banana skin as we all know.......

He did (more or less) admit that they were poor, in fairness:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6985621.stm

Staunton unhappy with performance

Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton says his side "got punished for sloppy play" in the 2-2 draw with Slovakia in Saturday's Euro qualifier.
"Any time you concede a goal in the last minute you will be disappointed.
"We didn't get hold of the ball at all and didn't pass it as well as we can so those things have to improve if we are to beat the Czechs," said Staunton.
"If we are going to qualify then we have to win the game in Prague on Wednesday. That would open it again."
o.gif

Staunton admitted that his players played well for periods but were unable to sustain a high level of performance over the 90 minutes.
"For the first half hour we did well. We contained them and we were in control. "But then two or three passes went astray, they had a couple of shots and we couldn't get out of our own penalty box. We brought it on ourselves. "We started alright again in the second half but didn't hold the ball up or pass it as we can although Kevin Doyle scored a wonderful goal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back