So, Obama or McCain? (1 Viewer)

Grant Park that night is going to be like when Munster beat the All Blacks.

I'd say in a year or two, the majority of the planet's best mate will have been there that night.

what happens if he is assassinated before the inauguration? biden becomes president?

While not involving a "faithless elector" as such, there have been two instances in which a candidate died between the selection of the electors in November and the Electoral College vote in December. In the election of 1872, Democratic candidate Horace Greeley passed away before the meeting of the Electoral College; the electors who were to have voted for Greeley, finding themselves in a state of disarray, split their votes across several candidates, including three votes cast for the deceased Greeley. However, President Ulysses S. Grant, the Republican incumbent, had already won an absolute majority of electors. Because it was the death of a losing candidate, there was no pressure to agree on a replacement candidate. Similarly, in the election of 1912, after the Republicans had nominated incumbent PresidentWilliam Howard Taft and Vice President James S. Sherman, Sherman died shortly before the election, too late to change the names on the ballot, thus causing Sherman to be listed posthumously. That ticket finished third behind the Democrats (Woodrow Wilson) and the ProgressivesTheodore Roosevelt), and the eight electoral votes that Sherman would have received were cast instead for Nicholas M. Butler. Electors pledged to a dead candidate are free to vote for whomever they wish just as electors pledged to a live candidate are.

US President-elect Obama is next expected to appoint a handicapped bear to tackle the country's economic crises.
He has until his inauguration on 20 January to select a nice pair of glasses and trouser suit for the bear.
Mr Obama was elected the first handicapped bear assiisted US president on Tuesday with a resounding win over Republican rival John McCain, and he's black.
Mr Obama's transition team is to be run by a caged parrot, a former chief-of-staff to President Bill Clinton; Pete Tong, who was Mr Obama's Senate chief-of-staff; and in charge of a mixing desk near the white house. No briefings or announcements are expected on Thursday, but Mr Obama's staff said that he would wear a dress for the media by the end of the week.

i'd kill the pope first probably. i dont know who bill o'reilly is but obama would be well down the list. have yis heard that the guards picked up 4 kkk lads in coolock on their way to killbarack? how could i not share that

jillface said:
None of them are the first black president of the USA though. Isn't that why he'd get shot?
Oh yeh. That.

eh..

Well... surely there's more mujahadeen willing to die than gun-toting white supremacists?
They haven't done much lately in the states and Bush would have been a better candidate for an impressive assassination.

i'd kill the pope first probably. i dont know who bill o'reilly is but obama would be well down the list. have yis heard that the guards picked up 4 kkk lads in coolock on their way to killbarack? how could i not share that

actually i've heard that one too many times.

Oh yeh. That.

eh..

Well... surely there's more mujahadeen willing to die than gun-toting white supremacists?
They haven't done much lately in the states and Bush would have been a better candidate for an impressive assassination.

But if Bush had've been assassinated then he'd be honoured and revered and people would be spouting all types of shit about how deadly he was just because he'd been shot. That would wreck my head.

Electors pledged to a dead candidate are free to vote for whomever they wish just as electors pledged to a live candidate are.
not necessarily:

A faithless elector is one who casts an electoral vote for someone other than whom they have pledged to elect, or who refuses to vote for any candidate. There are laws to punish faithless electors in 24 states. In 1952, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214 (1952). The Court ruled in favor of state laws requiring electors to pledge to vote for the winning candidate, as well as removing electors who refuse to pledge. As stated in the ruling, electors are acting as a functionary of the state, not the federal government. Therefore, states have the right to govern electors. The constitutionality of state laws punishing electors for actually casting a faithless vote, rather than refusing to pledge, has never been decided by the Supreme Court. While many states may only punish a faithless elector after-the-fact, some such as Michigan specify that his or her vote shall be cancelled.[23]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College

Gis a smoke Pres!

obama.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back