Site design (1 Viewer)

One I like the look of is "Freshy"

512-medium.jpg

Typography's fucking gack in that theme. I'm sure everybody's got their own preferences, but I vote for Georgia as the main body copy font.

Now we've got the ball rolling! Look, if other folks are cool with it, I'm happy to "be in charge", but I'm not under any illusions as to what that actually means and I know my word isn't law because...

a) it obviously isn't.
b) if I make a stupid decision, you lot won't be long telling me to fuck off
c) if I piss anyone off, they'll just say "ok, I'm not interested in being part of this anymore" and then everyone loses out.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while now, but there's absolutely no way I can get it off the ground on my own. Ultimately we want to put this site together because it's gonna be fun. It does piss me off talking about "who owns the site", because at the moment it's not worth shite, really. But we don't want to fall out over it either.

Is it legal and sound if we were to draw up our own bullshit "contract", agree to the terms and get it signed by all involved and send everyone a copy? As far as I can see "who owns the site" only really matters if either of the following things happen

a) Ugo/Ign/rte/Cillit Bang make an offer for the site
b) We get money from advertising
c) We get free shit given to us

I think the ultimate question, is if we make a billion dollars, who get's it. So how's about we assign "classifications" to everyone involved in the site. If Simon Cowell wants to buy the site (I have his daughter in my trunk, so expect a bid any day soon) and makes a bid of X, then "A writer" who has contributed on a regular basis throughout the life of the site gets a certain % of x. Ditto the guys who maintain the site get a certain % of X too. Guys who submit graphics on a regular basis get a % of X. So basically, the more you do, the more you get if the cash cow exlodes.

As for any free shit, we pick a name out of a hat? If you "win" the lifesize masterchief, then you're name is outta the hat until everyone else has won something and then we're all back in?

Any cash from advertising obviously goes to the upkeep of the site, in terms of hosting etc. But once we've accumulated enough to see us through a year or two, then we can start buying advertising in other places?

So basically all money is pumped back into the site, but not directly into the pockets of anyone who works on the site, at least not until we reach amount X and then we can start paying people for their time/submissions?

that all sounds fair to me. I know I'd like to contribute articles and some flash animations or illustrations/graphics. I'm also pretty good at editing and proof reading.

I'd also like to add that Georgia is a shit font for body text :D
Sans Serif all the way, yo. Like Helvetica. It's more legible at 10pt than a Serif font. It's more modern too, which I'm sure is the tone we'll be looking for.

I like comic sans, it's really quirky!!!!

Sorry I'll be serious for a second, all this sounds fine to me. Apart from the Christmas party bit.

Now we've got the ball rolling! Look, if other folks are cool with it, I'm happy to "be in charge"

We've gone from collectivist utopia to repressive police state in two days. Sounds good to me.

Is it legal and sound if we were to draw up our own bullshit "contract", agree to the terms and get it signed by all involved and send everyone a copy?

Bollocks to contracts, can we just have a gentleman's agreement of equal 6-way ownership for the moment and revise it if neccessary in a couple of months? There's no actual site there yet, we could get tied up forever working this shit out...

As for any free shit, we pick a name out of a hat? If you "win" the lifesize masterchief, then you're name is outta the hat until everyone else has won something and then we're all back in?
It'll be a long while before any freebies come our way, so deal with that when it happens. You let us know what comes in and we'll have a cage fight for it.

that all sounds fair to me. I know I'd like to contribute articles and some flash animations or illustrations/graphics. I'm also pretty good at editing and proof reading.

I'd also like to add that Georgia is a shit font for body text :D
Sans Serif all the way, yo. Like Helvetica. It's more legible at 10pt than a Serif font. It's more modern too, which I'm sure is the tone we'll be looking for.

Quit draggin your heels, yo.

So for everyone who actually is currently writing something - can you give us the title? The last thing we want is for two people to be wasting their time writing about the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back