Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (4 Viewers)

Mason Greenwood leaving Manchester United. The club will get zero credit for doing the right thing.
The club desperately wanted him back and were planning to do that as recently as Wednesday

But used their sentiment trackers with fans, and got afraid of the backlash if they did bring him back

THat's hardly a strong moral stand

They actually appear to be getting negative credit
The club desperately wanted him back and were planning to do that as recently as Wednesday

But used their sentiment trackers with fans, and got afraid of the backlash if they did bring him back

THat's hardly a strong moral stand

Sorry, to be clear, I'm not saying the club should be getting credit for doing the right thing; they clearly didn't want to do it but their hands were forced by the public backlash to Adam Crafton's reporting in the Athletic that they intended to announce his return on august 4th.

They've managed to lose on 2 counts here, they aren't keeping the player they'd have liked to keep, AND whatever good will they could have garnered by getting rid of him won't know be forthcoming because everyone knows that it's not what they'd like to do.

Meanwhile the alleged rapist at the club I support will likely once again be playing this evening.

For want of a better thread title..

I left work with the lads, towards Westminster station,five of us, with all our tools etc and feeling a bit grumpy because it's that time of year in our work. Not in a mood for bullshit.
Basically, we looked like a gang* and we had already had enough shit at work.

Two immaculately suited drunk pricks walked towards us from Government Buildings, talking loudly and drunkenly.

Pr1 says "but why do you dislike him?" Talking about someone from work apparently.
Pr2: Because he's a faggot! he exclaims.
Pr1 is shocked by that, then sees us, sees our raised eyebrows, and somehow disappears
Pr2 comes over trying to ameliorate what he just roared . Trying to hug us "Oh, sorry! Having a good night lads?!"
Don't touch me, my colleagues physically implied.
The words left my mouth before my brain edited, I said "Yeah, we're fine. we're just a bunch of faggots having a stroll".

We're a very Very cis bunch of lads, with all our manly man tools that we don't really know how ti use and what not. the lads were a bit confused by my reaction. I'm a prick.
They did laugh though.

*We did actually look like a proper gang though, that was cool, in lieu of being in a band, I am a massive child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back