Scars (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
8f_1_b.JPG

Little scar on my head from running in the classroom when I was six. "Don't run indoors," they said. But I did, and I tripped and hit my head on the metal leg of a desk.

Big fucking nasty ass scar on my right shoulder, which I eventually got a big tattoo over. People stared at that shoulder anyway, so figured I might as well give them something to stare at. Had a potentially dangerous mole biopsied when I was a wee one, and the doctor was more like a butcher.

Big scar on my shin from cutting it on an air conditioner that we were too lazy to bring down to the basement. When I saw the sharp corners, I was like, "We'd better bring that down to the basement or someone could get hurt." And that someone ended up being me.

Have lots more, in fact, including my face, which is practically disfigured because I got the chicken pox as a teenager, and even though I didn't pick them, they still left marks.

Do chicken pox parties actually happen or is it just a myth?

I have loads of scars but luckily none that really stand out.

Here's three of mine

1. When i was about 12 i was on my bmx and i bunny hopped off the path, the handle bars turned and on landing one handle bar hit my ribs and slid across leaving a nice big scar and a cracked rib.

2. I was sick one time when i was about 10 stuck in bed bored out of my head. So i started slicing playing card with my swiss army knife. Not looking at what i was doing, i missed the card and cut into my knuckle on my left index finger down to the bone. I had flappy knuckle.

3. Cycling home from a mates gaf fairly pissed i was passing by the hockey pitch near glenageary woods. I took the turn too early and ended up with one of the railings going into my left shoulder leaving a nice hole that could be used as an ashtray. I got internal and external stitches.

Big scar on me right hand from putting it through the glass panel in a door. Full story is is was chasing me sister and she slammed it in front of me and I put my hand out to stop it - smash. Big deep cut. I was doing the Junior Cert at the time and couldn't finish the exams 'cos I had to have an operation to repair the nerve damage - hooorah! The worst bit was in the hospital and the guy cleaning the wound openeded it up and showed me how close I had come to several an artery or vein or whatever. Gik. Reckon I lost more blood when he was messing about than I did getting there.
Also chicken pox scars all over and MMR predator symbol on my arms.

snap-apple said:
Big scar on me right hand from putting it through the glass panel in a door. Full story is is was chasing me sister and she slammed it in front of me and I put my hand out to stop it - smash. Big deep cut. I was doing the Junior Cert at the time and couldn't finish the exams 'cos I had to have an operation to repair the nerve damage - hooorah! The worst bit was in the hospital and the guy cleaning the wound openeded it up and showed me how close I had come to several an artery or vein or whatever. Gik. Reckon I lost more blood when he was messing about than I did getting there.
Also chicken pox scars all over and MMR predator symbol on my arms.

dont forget the strange alien lines on your back too :)

i pulled a kettle down on myself when i was a baby and scalded the entire top of my right foot (as well as bits of my legs, but the foot was the worst). my foot grew, but the scar didn't, so i now have a very faint baby footprint in scar tissue just above my instep.

i also have a fabulous collection of scars on my knuckles from stocking the fridges in dunnes stores one summer. them st. bernard yoghurts had pointy bits.

Big nasty one on my thumb from slicing up onions when I worked in Abrakebabra. Didn't have it cleaned properly for a couple of days. When I took the make shift bandage off it smelled real bad.

Lots of little ones from falling off/into/through stuff as a kid.

And two scars from being bitten by my neighbours rabbit. Yes rabbit, not aligator or grizzly bear, but a floppsy-eared, fluffy-tailed, psychopatic bunny wunny. Bastard.

snap-apple said:
Big scar on me right hand from putting it through the glass panel in a door.

I did the same thing when I lived in Australia. Fucking antique glass panel on the door, cost a freaking wedge to get it replaced. I was naked at the time, chasing an annoying housemate about the house, Benny Hill style. Good times.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!

SPECTACULAR BIKE CRASH..TORE A BIG HOLE IN MY LEG, JUST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CALF. COULD SEE RIGHT INTO THE BONE. LOVELY. IT SHORTENED THE MUSCEL A LITTLE MAKING IT WAY MORE SPRINGY GIVING ME AN AWESOME JUMP OFF THE RIGHT PEG... WHICH AIN'T USUAL FOR A RIGHT HANDER. IT ALSO MADE ME LEARN HOW TO SWITCH HIT IN BASEBALL AND PLAY ICE HOCKEY LEFT HANDED.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!

SLIGHT SCAR FROM A PROD's SOVERGIN RING. ON MY FACE. THE FRACTURED EYE SOCKET WAS AN EXPERIENCE. TWO TEETH KICKED OUT ASWELL. THAT WAS BELFAST IN THE NINETIES ALRIGHT. THE BASTARDS WENT DOWN FOR IT AND I GOT STATE COMPENSATION FOR A SECTARIAN ATTACK. IT WAS PRETTY VICIOUS. FUCK THE NORTH.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!

A FEW HOT ROCK SCARS TOO.

ALLAHQUAANNDO!!

i've a scar on my leg from falling out of a tree and on to a barbed wire fence. the fence probably saved my life and i suppose i was kind of lucky to be left swinging there by my leg rather than my sack

i have a few lovely ones on my right hand from when i had the top of my finger reefed off after it was caught in a gate, and the resultant graft. plenty of little one's on my knukles from smokes and stuff. lots of ones on my left arm from all *kinds* of things. one shaped like a frown on my knee. one on my head. one on the tip of m finger from trying to open a can of tuna with a screwdriver. i actually have a coupl on my fingers from playing the bass a bit too vigorously. a few on my face from where i was attacked by a dog named prince. another on me finger from tearing down some stainless steel numbers out side some gaff in a drunken youthful rage... one from a broken budweiser bottle on my left arm.. etc....

my coolest scars are:

a row of brown blobs in a diagonal line on the back of my lower right leg from getting my leg caught between my pedal and chain rings while cycling. most people think its a tattoo.

a cresent shaped line on my nose. kinda looks like someone tried to bite a big chunk out of my face. sandals + alcohol x finland = bad idea.

chicks do dig 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back