Saturday 5 Feb FOOD NOT BOMBS BENEFIT ALL AGES GIG!!! City Arts Centre (2 Viewers)

maybe dylan could use those handsome youthful looks, and have a bit of a sliding scale, what about a fiver gets ya in the gig and a hug, tenner gets you in the gig and some sort of cupboard tomfoolery with dylan, fifteen and so on...

Yeah, like Ed says, I don't want you to think this is a criticism, just an idea/topic for discussion.

I'm sure with some people if you tell them they can pay €3 and add a donation that a few would do that, but personally I know I'd probably just pay €3 and some shitty extra change to make it look like I'm not a scabby bastard, if you want to know the truth. I expect a lot of other people who could well afford it wouldn`t pay more and would just spend it on hash or cans (like me) but wouldn't actally begrudge paying a fiver in, if that was the price. ("How much is it in?"; "3 yoyos but you can add a donation if you want"; "wha?"; "it's €3 but you can add a donation if you want"; "yeah but how much do I HAVE to pay"; *sigh* "3 euros"). The only benefit gig I did was the Roscommon festival and we charged fuck-all into that, a fiver or something, we should have charged more really and could have put it to good use. Anyway.

while i totally agree with all of corm's points, it seems obvious that dylan makes all of his gigs as cheap as possible to attract the kids to DIY, which makes total sense.

however 1 KG of food or €3 doesnt make much sense, you can get 1 KG of rice in dunnes for €1.19 (not that i'm advocating that or anything..).

is a kilo bag of glucose "food".. i seem to have a couple of them which i most certainly have no use for.

i'll be expecting a few lines off you after you've cut it though sean.

Damo, you can fuck off with your Dunnes Stores Rice.
Food Not Bombs is expecting a kilo of saffron.

THe last benefit in Bohs for Food Not BOmbs most
people gave 3 blips and a kilo of food.
Which was nice.

Cian

Yeah dunnes stores rice is a bit poxy damo. :p

FNB would like some cool stuff to feed people. Although, beggars can't be choosers I suppose...

(Saffron!)

I personally think 3 yos in is rapih and I wouldn't see the point in charging more in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back