Saturday 5 Feb FOOD NOT BOMBS BENEFIT ALL AGES GIG!!! City Arts Centre (3 Viewers)

Dylan said:
f56b9d93.jpg

BASTA! YOUTH COLLECTIVE presesnt...

FOOD NOT BOMBS Benefit All Ages Gig

Saturday 5th February

2 - 6.30pm

City Arts Centre, Moss St./Georges Quay, Dublin 2

ADM: 1 kg of Food (vegan only please!)
...or € 3

BANDS:

GIVEAMANAKICK (limerick)
SERPENTS (dublin)
TEN PAST SEVEN (kerry)
EASPA MEASA (dublin)
GORILLA NURSE (portlaoise)
THE OPENING (kilcoole)

Everyone welcome!!!! Distros/info stalls etc get in touch thebyc@hotmail

Deadly day followed by a trip to the voodoo lounge
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=18645

i have a great idea for you all. how bout you bring it up to belfast as well.

please cause this looks like the best line up ever.

DeAd_KeV said:
why dont you come down to dublin? there seems to be alot of people wanting to meet ya:p

kick my shit in more like :D

i might do that. though it would cost a lot and i dont really know anybody to go with.

have to think about it

I reckon you should go. Them lads is all mouth anyway :rolleyes: Gettin to Dublin from Belfast is about half the price as getting there from Wales. I'd be there but I'm headin over for the weekend after unfortunately.

yeh i reckon i might go. just need to find out if anyone else is up for going with me. would probaly never find my way if i was on my own.

think its 25 sterling on a saturday to get to dublin by train

not even that but i doubt i would be allowed to go down on own to dublin.

god i hate being 16

tennage angst

Ciaran Mackle said:
not even that but i doubt i would be allowed to go down on own to dublin.

god i hate being 16

tennage angst
ahhh.. that's so cute :)
what am i talking about, i had to fight to be allowed to go to my first warzonefest when i was 17

I think it would be cool to charge €5 in to this. Anyone who can afford to pay €3 to see a band can afford to pay €5, 6 bands like, don`t you think? €3 really is fuck-all money, €5 would generate a lot more money to be put to good use...I think charging €3 in as an attempt at low door prices is a pretty irrelevant gesture, and only makes it tighter and shittier-seeming when you need to charge €6 or €7 for some other gig, y'know?

Oh, and who's The Opening?

yeah but i think the venue is free for hasko and then he just pays the travellers and the rest goes to fnb.....plus the food being brought...

i dunno maybe more people would go if its 3 in....i remember i got a bit of guff of a few heads when i made a gig a 5er when all the other ones were usually 3 or 4, but sure as your well aware ya cant please everyone.

Corm said:
I think it would be cool to charge €5 in to this. Anyone who can afford to pay €3 to see a band can afford to pay €5, 6 bands like, don`t you think? €3 really is fuck-all money, €5 would generate a lot more money to be put to good use...I think charging €3 in as an attempt at low door prices is a pretty irrelevant gesture, and only makes it tighter and shittier-seeming when you need to charge €6 or €7 for some other gig, y'know?

Oh, and who's The Opening?

i kwow its not an issue but yeah i agree with corm on this one, a fiver in if say ya got 100 heads in would be like 200 extra (phew all those years of maths paid off), that 200 could be put to deadly use, by screens to print up patches, zine covers, record covers, maybe buy another toner for the copyier in red ink, buy magazine holders for the zine library, maybe even webspace for various other projects that are goin on, fuckit maybe even a couple of nice badges to give away at the next gig. I just think that 200quid can be spent a hella lot better collectively than alot (not gonna generalise cause i dont wanna get into the shit on this one, having a job, money etc) fo people would notice the lack of that two euro coin in their pocket. Not giving out or nowt, just a thought...all in all this is a posi as fuck gig

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back