Roadburn 2008 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 591
  • Views 50K
  • Watchers 13
This was awesome! It never got squashy, bands were on schedule, fuckin tons of reasonably priced merch. The town was lovely, the camping was really nice, and generallly the whole experience was distinctly lacking in monayholeness or pains in the arse.
On the other hand, I found the main room generally to be quite quiet and I thought booze in the venue would be cheaper. I really don't understand how a festival boasting so many fucking cool bands would have enslaved and down headlining. Headline bands should be the buzz that ties the festival together and most people I spoke to thought Enslaved at least, if not Down too, were a bit of a joke. I know they had to get Enslaved in at the last minute, and I guess if it pulls the crowd in, fair enough.

Highlights:
Taint (what I saw of em anyway)
Witch - fucking super tight, really energetic. Probably the best buzz of the festival for me.
Isis - one of the best shows I've seen in years full stop.
Wolves in the Throne Room - heaviest shit I've ever seen that I enjoyed and wasn't just confused by.
Earthless - epic stonage.

Lamelights:
Litmus - space rock. Thought they were promising at first but then they got really lame. I liked the way one of the dudes looked a little bit like Francis Rossi. I think that made me stay as long as I did.
Devils Blood- what?
Dixie Witch - groan.

LMAO hahahahahaa111!!!:
Enslaved- especially the keyboard player and the visuals
Down - "ARE YOU GUYS UP THE BACK READY TO ROCK?" "Not in the slightest, Phil"

You should've been better:
Witchcraft: way too quiet
Acid Mothers Guru: v.hit and miss but when they were good they were awesome

Regretfully missed:
The Heads, Lesbian, and apparently Graveyard

woah I though Enslaved were excellent, not generally a huge fan but jesus I needed something uptempo when they came up and they did just that.

To me Jesu, Scott Kelly, Black Shape Of Nexus, Wolves In The Throne Room, Nadja and the aforementioned Enslaved were the best bands for me.

Thought there was alot less merch stalls this year but I was glad of that to be honest!

Now if I can just get my brain back working it'll be all good:)

Oh yeah and Skitliv, what the fuck! Maniac has literally gone fucking mental, it was the most confused, pissed off and downright unamused I have ever seen a crowd be. With all his kissing the cross and blessing himself, along with an atrocious set it really was fucking odd.

I couldnt even attempt to enjoy enslaved set as after the intro to the first song i just said fuck this, and went back downstairs for booze!
id actually never heard Down until this fest but i really liked em.....

Wolves in The Throne Room were fuckin deadly....as were Trouble i thought...
I likes Jesu's Set

I really wanted to see Church of Misery also but it was so jammers in that room i couldnt even get in :(

The sunday was boring as...we should have gotten our money back like the other guys...

Skit Liv...errrrr

i saw less bands than i would have liked but thats my own doing

festival was great...people were ace, town was lovely and who's going next yr?.|..|

This was amazing. Can barely remember what any of the bands were like. Witch had really nice t-shirts for sale, Boris too. Musical highlights for me were PISS STAAT and REALISTIC TRAIN. Hanging out by the wheel bins in the lane beside the venue was also amazing.

Found a clothes shop in the city centre called Dutch Womens Items. Im still trying to formulate a way of getting this name entered into the Profanisaurus. Suggestions are welcome.

Seriously though, thought Boris, Acid Mothers Guru, Taint, Ictus, Danava, and Witch were all deadly. I was really surprised by how well Isis played too.

Down were hilarious. Enslaved were even funnier - "We want to dedicate this next one to Celtic Frost.... Thanks for cancelling!"

It was also really good that there were about 20 Irish people camped together. The festival wouldnt have been half as good were it not for all the good people around to buzz with everyday.

4 days of festival proved too much in the end. Two or three would have been fine. My brain just will not start working today. Everytime I start to read something I automatically fall asleep. Deadly buzz!

4 days of festival proved too much in the end. Two or three would have been fine. My brain just will not start working today. Everytime I start to read something I automatically fall asleep. Deadly buzz!

too right...quote of the weekend for me as said by yourself

"i haven't been able find my earphones for ages...i found them though"

"oh yeah where were they?"

"my pocket" said with biggest stoned grin on yer face

all the traveling to get home was really draining .... deadly buzz though indeed.|..|

I hear it was a great weekend.

pictures for indication purposes only. loosely based on real people and events

duuudes.jpg

heeey.jpg

mongobus.jpg

forestmetal.jpg

zzzz.jpg

smallgoatsandponies.jpg

Hanging out by the wheel bins in the lane beside the venue was also amazing.

.|..|

Hindu Kush, Northern Lights and White Widow were the best, but Wolves In The Throne Room, Scott Kelly, Nadja and Lesbian were pretty good too.

Those five days were the most I've ever been monged in my life. And I've been rather fuckin monged from time to time. Twas a bit much alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back