Roadburn 2014 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Opeth’s Mikael Åkerfeldt to curate 2014 Roadburn Festival; The Heads (ft. John McBain) announced as Artist In Residence; Locrian and True Widow added to the 2014 festival lineup.

We're elated to announce that Mikael Åkerfeldt has agreed to curate Roadburn Festival 2014 on Friday April 11th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands. As curator, Mikael will personally select the bands for his special event, and play a headline show with Opeth, too!

Opeth's body of work is highly respected by Roadburn audiences, which makes Mikael the ideal choice to carry on the tradition that began in 2008 with David Tibet / Current 93, and continued with Neurosis, Tom G Warrior, Sunn 0))), Voivod and Jus Oborn / Electric Wizard.

"It's with great honour that I accepted the invitation to be the curator for the 2014 Roadburn festival", says Mikael Åkerfeldt, "I'm pretty damn far from being a professional booker / promotor, and I've never been part in choosing bands for an event apart from bands that Opeth has toured with. So this is a first for me, but I have to say I'm very excited."

"I've reached out to a handful of my favourite bands from the past and present. As of now it looks like it will be an amazing musical event. Still brainstorming about possible bands for this glorious festival but I already know that I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas. It will be amazing! Plain and simple. Obviously Opeth will perform as well, but to be quite honest with you, our own performance doesn't get me nearly as excited as the thought of experiencing the bands that have shown interest. It will be remarkable and memorable. A celebration, bitches!"

We are so excited and proud to be working with Mikael and to have Opeth headline his curated Roadburn 2014 event. It will truly be a celebration of progressive rock, psychedelic folk, the heavy 70s and beyond. We look forward to this collaboration and cannot wait to see how Mikael will expand Roadburn Festival's musical horizons as well as explore more familiar territory from new angles. We will definitely be in for some artistic surprises. More info on Mikael Åkerfeldt curates Roadburn Festial 2014 here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-831

Beginning a new chapter of their ongoing legacy, Bristol’s psych rock band The Heads will follow in the footsteps of Enslaved, Circle, Justin K Broadrick and Neige (Alcest) as Artist In Residence at the 2014 Roadburn Festival.

Roadburn is The Heads’ spiritual home, and they are honoured to be asked to be the Artist in Residence and are excited to have John McBain (of Monster Magnet / Wellwater Conspiracy-fame) join them for this and new recordings.

As part of the Artist in Residence, Kandodo will perform as a three piece on Friday April 11th 2014. The Heads will play a live set for the first time with John McBain on Saturday April 12th at the Main Stage.

The Heads (ft. John McBain)’ residency will lead in to a collaboration with fellow psychedelic travellers Carlton Melton in a one-off Roadburn exclusive performance on Sunday 13th April at the Main Stage as well.

Carlton Melton will also be playing their own set at Roadburn (scheduled for Saturday April 12th).

Of course, the fact LOOP are headlining, well, that makes it even more amazing, over three days at Roadburn 2014. More info on The Heads here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-84r

In a true coup, we are thrilled to announce pitch-black experimental avant-drone trio Locrian will be enshrouding Roadburn Festival 2014 in their blackened pall. Playing what will be their very first show on European soil, the grim Chicago post-industrialists will be bringing their nebulous drones, uncomfortable ambience and buried black-metallic shrieks to Het Patronaat on Thursday April 10th.
More info on Locrian here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-83X

Texas' finest purveyors of melancholy heaviness, True Widow, will infuse Roadburn 2014 ( on Thursday April 10th at Het Patronaat) with songs of sadness and gorgeous crumbling distortion. The band’s latest album Circumambulation is a tiny bit brighter and clearer than their first two records, but holds true to the darkly-repetitive-riffs-slowly-baked-in-a-furnace-of-distortion approach they have pioneered. More info on True Widow here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-840

11Paranoias, Brutus, Conan, E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr, Freedom Hawk, Gozu, Horse Latitudes, Inter Arma, Mansion, Momentum, Tyranny, The Vintage Caravan and Windhand have also been recently confirmed for Roadburn Festival 2014.

Holland's very own Roadburn Festival has become Europe's leading festival for psychedelic, avant-metal, doom, heavy 70s or any other variation of leftfield sonic pleasures that push the boundaries of music.

Roadburn Festival 2014 (including Mikael Åkerfeldt’s curated event, Opeth and Loop) will run for four days from Thursday April 10th to Sunday April 13th, 2014 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Pre-sales will start Friday October 11th, 2013.

http://www.roadburn.com

This is the news i'm looking forward to

http://thequietus.com/articles/13208-the-heads-roadburn-artist-in-residence

The Heads Set For Roadburn Residency
Laurie Tuffrey , August 27th, 2013 11:38

Psych luminaries to be artist-in-residence at next year's festival

ADD YOUR COMMENT »
The_Heads_-_Roadburn_poster_1377617693_crop_550x914.jpg

Bristol psych pioneers The Heads have been announced as the artist-in-residence for next year's Roadburn Festival, taking place at the 013 in Tilburg, The Netherlands from April 10-13 2014.

The band are returning from an extended hiatus and have been working on new studio recordings, some of which may get aired at the two shows they're playing at the festival. Their line-up of Simon Price, H. O. Morgan and Wayne Maskell will be augmented by former Monster Magnet man John McBain, who's taking Paul Allen's place on lead guitar and has been working with the band on the new material. The band will play the Saturday night, before being joined by fellow space cadets and McBain associates Carlton Melton (who'll also play their own show) for a one-off collaborative set on the Sunday. Before that, kandodo, the project Price has been working on during the band's break, will play a show on the Friday night, with Morgan and Maskell fleshing out the live set-up.

The group join the previously-announced headliners Loop on the bill; stay tuned for further updates on Roadburn and head over to the festival's website for full details and tickets.

Tilburg, September 17, 2013

Roadburn announces ticket prices and pre-sales party; Crowbar, Sourvein, Yob and more added to the line-up

Roadburn Festival 2014 Ticket Pre-Sales Start Friday October 11th 2013 at 21:00 CET; Pre-Sales Party at the 013 venue (NL) with New Keepers of the Water Towers and Sardonis.

Yob to Headline Roadburn Festival 2014 Afterburner; Crowbar, Yob, Sourvein and Graves at Sea among others added to 2014 Roadburn Festival Lineup.

As previously announced, tickets for Roadburn 2014 will go on sale on Friday, October 11th 2013. Set your alarm and get ready to score your tickets at 21:00 CET!

The majority of Roadburners live outside The Netherlands, which is why ticket pre-sales will start at 21:00 CET. This should be convenient for most time zones. Apologies to our friends in Oceania who will have to wake up early (or just stay up late)!

We are pleased to report that there will be NO price increase this year. Three-day tickets will be available for 165 euros; four-day tickets will cost 185 euros. Afterburner-only tickets will cost 32.50 euros. Please note that one-day tickets are not available for the Thursday, Friday or Saturday Roadburn dates. Online buyers can order a maximum of four tickets.

For everyone in the Netherlands and Belgium: we are aware that your local ticket outlets will not be open when pre-sales start, which is why we are
throwing another pre-sales party at the 013 venue in Tilburg (NL). From 19:00 CET - 20:30 CET you will be able to purchase a maximum of two paper
tickets for Roadburn Festival 2014. Guaranteed!

In addition to making it easy to get tickets, the pre-sales party is going to be a blast! This year, we have invited Sardonis and New Keepers of the
Water Towers to provide the soundtrack. Both bands have been on the Roadburn radar for quite a while and this is the perfect opportunity for
Belgium’s Sardonis to share their riff-heavy explorations and Stockholm heavyweights New Keepers of The Water Towers to take us on a progressive
psychedelic trip. The live music part of the evening starts at 20:30 CET.

Roadburn’s artistic director/promoter Walter Hoeijmakers will be on hand to share the latest festival updates, too.

Get ready to score your tickets and kick off the official countdown to Roadburn 2014! More info on tickets for Roadburn 2014 here: http://www.roadburn.com/roadburn-2014/tickets/

Roadburn favorites Yob will be making a highly anticipated return appearance in 2014, playing two crushing sets of their unique doom. They will play The Great Cessation for their album set on Saturday, April 12th, and headlining the Roadburn Festival Afterburner on Sunday, April 13th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Yob founder Mike Scheidt says, "Coming back to Roadburn for a third time... to play our fifth and sixth sets total at this festival... it is difficult to come up with words to adequately express our feelings. We have made it very clear how much we love the spirit of the Roadburn Festival. It is an unparallelled experience encompassing everything we embrace as both artists and fans. We will bring what we hope to be the best we have ever done in both of our sets of music. Playing The Great Cessation live in entirety will be a YOB first. For our 2nd set, we will perform songs covering our entire discography, including something new as well. To be able to play, to be in attendance as fans, and to once again to walk the streets of Tilburg and live in the soul that is Roadburn is something we are very grateful for. April 2014 is too far away." More info on Yob here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-8aX

From deep in the earth you can feel massive vibrations… soon they become audible -- huge distant riffs growing louder and turning into a sonic assault with a familiar feel and groove. Suddenly you realize… NOLA is in the house! Roadburn 2014 welcomes legendary New Orleans riffmasters Crowbar to the 013 venue main stage on Thursday, April 10th. With ties to Down, Eyehategod, Acid Bath and Pantera, Crowbar will definitely provide Roadburners with a perfect cure for their New Orleans metal jones in 2014. More info on Crowbar here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-8aZ

Sludge legends Sourvein will be ratcheting up the sheer brutality of their damaged, blackend misery by playing all three of the band's much acclaimed EP's, Emerald Vulture, Ghetto Angel and Imperial Bastard, in their entirety exclusively at Roadburn Festival 2014. “We’re beyond excited to return to the mighty Roadburn Festival on our 20th anniversary tour" says T-Roy Medlin, "and this year we have a very special set prepared just for the Roadburn crowd. We will be doing our trilogy live, all three EP's back to back and some songs off the first record that we've never done live... So we really look forward to this being an awesome time. See you at Roadburn 2014." More info on Sourvein here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-8b3

Underground favourites Graves at Sea will bring their crushing brand of slow, sluggish despair to Roadburn Festival 2014 on Thursday, April 10th at the 013 venue. More info on Graves at Sea here: http://wp.me/p1m0FP-8b1

Roadburn 2014 just got a whole lot heavier: Anciients, ASG, A Storm of Light and Lord Dying have been confirmed for Roadburn Festival 2014 as well.

Holland's very own Roadburn Festival has become Europe’s leading festival for psychedelic, avant-metal, doom, heavy 70s or any other variation of leftfield sonic pleasures that push the boundaries of music.

Roadburn Festival 2014 (including Mikael Åkerfeldt’s curated event, Opeth and Loop) will run for four days from Thursday April 10th to Sunday April 13th, 2014 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

For more info: http://www.roadburn.com

A STORM OF LIGHT TO SET ROADBURN FESTIVAL 2014 ALIGHT; NEW ALBUM STREAMING IN FULL AT NOISECREEP

Today we are pleased to announce that A Storm of Light will be returning to play Roadburn festival, Europe's leading festival for psychedelic, avant-metal, doom, heavy 70s and other variations of leftfield sonic pleasures that push the boundaries of music.
Through their own unique vision, A Storm Of Light combine the dynamics and the colossal energy of apocalyptic, pummeling doom-sludge into the faster and more melodic side of heavy. They are confirmed to play on Saturday, April 12th at the 013 venue in Tilburg.

Pre-sales for the festival (which shall run from Thursday 10th April to Sunday 13th April 2014) will commence on Friday 11th October, 2013 at 21:00 CET. For more info go to: www.roadburn.com

Meanwhile, with its imminent release, Noisecreep presents A Storm Of Light’s smoldering Nations to Flames album in its entirety. Featuring Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil and Indian/Nachtmystium’s Will Lindsay on select tracks, A Storm Of Light’s Nations to Flames centers itself around the apex of human failure and bears witness to the fall of all governments, all nations, and all religions.

Experience Nations to Flames, courtesy of Noisecreep, at this direct link:
http://noisecreep.com/a-storm-of-light-nations-to-flames-exclusive-album-stream/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back