Roadburn 2008 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 591
  • Views 50K
  • Watchers 13
what pro-rape stuff.Like the tshirt?with the word "RAPE" on it?
He wrote some article about how men should rape women should they feel their superiority is questioned... something along those lines.
And his interview in Answer Me! was pretty dodge.

tell us a bit more about the ould underground Nazi scene there boss.You seem to be a bit of an expert.Ever heard of that band Whitehouse?They beat up women.And they're paedos too. That Throbbing Gristle band?Weren't they nazis as well? Coil - they're that gay nazi band right?

Jaysus are you getting all NAZIER THAN THOU on poor Jamesy?
Peter Sotos outta Whitehouse wrote the dodgiest book I've ever had the displeasure of flicking through.
Dodgy paedo bastard needs a serious dose of the nazis.
Then he'd be dead as fuck and the world would be a slightly nicer place.

Is this the first time the word hipster's been used on eirecore?
Nah, I definately used it in the women and punk thread when talking about Crystal Castles. And if the word isn't directly used, from page 4 they're indirectly being talked about here.

Hipsters are the future!

Nah, I definately used it in the women and punk thread when talking about Crystal Castles. And if the word isn't directly used, from page 4 they're indirectly being talked about here.

Hipsters are the future!

Now that's a thorough reply, thanks Shorty.

current 93 are allowed dabble in manipulating ridiculous politics to their own end but other groups aren't cause they never had members of crass?

there is no political content in any current 93 material. the concern is on the personal and relgious imagery. while i fail to find one death in june album that doesnt have political imagery or content. even the use of norse mythological imagery is a peg to hang notions of "purity" on.

and old industrial is better than punk.
there, i said it.

sure is! just got the vinyl on demand broken flag retrospective, some of that is amazingly raw and violent. ridiculous nazi imagery on some of their old tapes, which gary mundy himself admitted to being down to "teenage stupidity and trying to shock".

Peter Sotos outta Whitehouse wrote the dodgiest book I've ever had the displeasure of flicking through.

"lazy", that was the first one his i read. i was surprised to discover that one is actually pretty tame compared with some of his other works. all that being said, it is just fiction, and i personally dont think there is any defence for censorship of literature. and unlike so many other so-called "transgressive" authors, sotos is a brilliant writer and there is a higher purpose than people presume to his work (there is a huge aspect of sensitivity towards victims, for one thing). he certainly does test the limits of acceptability though, i found that book totally repulsive the first time i read it, but if you have the stomach for the material it can be very rewarding: "comfort and critique" is a fucking amazing book. what sotos does is the literary equivalent of what gaspar noe does in film.

unfortunately whitehouse are continually accused of dodgy political leanings, but i can guarantee that bennett and best are in no way conservative nor prejudiced nor misogynistic. actually, you probably couldnt meet two more charming, polite and well-adjusted individuals.

all this massively off topic, i know.

people from screwdriver were in current 93 for a bit too.

missed this... no member of skrewdriver was ever involved with current 93. that needed clearing up.

Yeah, ya see, none of that ever would of happened if you just got into heavy metal like the rest of us!

:p

i've never heard any heavy metal, but i promise i only listen to it from now on. i do only listen to music which i know is right-on (thats why i destroyed all my reggae and hip hop records), so to make absolutely sure i'm going to ask some experts if there is any link between metal and nazis. i'm off to metalireland...

He wrote some article about how men should rape women should they feel their superiority is questioned... something along those lines.
And his interview in Answer Me! was pretty dodge.

Jaysus are you getting all NAZIER THAN THOU on poor Jamesy?

thanks for clearing all that up for me Oly. I really, really hope that was a rare lapse in you bullshit detector, or you were just playing along or something. It wouldn't be unfair to say I'm kinda familiar with the work of Whitehouse and Non like.

Seriously - Boyd Rice should never, ever be taken seriously.Ever.By anyone. End of.

Death in June I'm really not familiar enough with to comment on, but I'd believe Brian.He knows what he's talking about.

Curious - how much of that book did you "flick through" before you decided "gee, this isn't very nice"? I've read a bit of his writing and it was absolutely stomach churning alright, but I knew what I was geting into beforehand. I just read a book about him though, which was very,very interesting. It certainly didn't inspire me to go buy any of his books, or ever read them again for that matter, but it certainly was an eyeopener.

And Brian - get some metal into you boss. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back