Punk Myths (1 Viewer)

surely you were the same age or older than the Castletroy metalers trev???

they were all of varying age mickey. one of their "leaders" died a few years ago when he wrapped a bmw round a lamp post near the parkway. the stories you used to hear... robbing musical equipment from churches and selling it to buy bc rich guitars or whatever...hammer attacks on students in UL etc.,

A bunch of knackers who used to beat the daylights out of them in town became their friends when the metallers flashed mammy and daddys cash, which was often flashed when the authorities caught up with them.

Mortal Affliction, one of their bands werent bad though save for the dodgy lyrics. Think the 2fm metal show played their demo.

and when i was feeding some olde lad at work today the tv was on judging amy i think its called. anyway the parents in it were talking about their daughter been straight edge. even explained that it grew out of the punk movement and all the no drink etc even the casual sex part. the mother was worried but the dad was proud that his daughter was envovled with something revoultionary.mad!

yeah saw this, fuckin hilalrious:p

Is this the crowd who, at Dublin metal gigs in the mid 90s, would single you out and kick the shit out of you if you weren't from Dublin?Heard a few tales alright..
I had a run in with those 'fine' gentlemen at Death in 92 outside McGonagles, Busload of us up for the day and stories of lads getting leathered for their cash, gig tickets etc. One of my mates had a knife pulled on him so they could steal his Carcass tshirt. The stories surface on metalireland from time to time

Is this the crowd who, at Dublin metal gigs in the mid 90s, would single you out and kick the shit out of you if you weren't from Dublin?Heard a few tales alright..
quote]

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

that wasnt them...they were not a gang...they were after gig tickets and shirts!! i knew them...

I remember the story of a bunch of metallers stipping a lad down to his jocks on the street after a gig cos they liked his T-shirt and then decided they liked his pants and shoes aswell.
I'm pretty certain that happened alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back