Punk Myths (1 Viewer)

I think it's terrible the way punks and skins got the blame for this sort of carry-on.

Fucking prejudiced guardians of society warping our young and impressionable brains.
Skinheads was a byword for scumbags and knackers round my way when I was small. One time I told my sister that I could see skinheads coming up the road WITH GUNS and she ran in home crying. It was true though! Members of the "Southill Bootboys" broke my tricycle! (no guns though) And now I have a boyfriend who forces me to listed to Hardskin all day. Life eh?

This reminds me of a story I heard from my granny when I was young. Apparently on some beach in Spain where they have those outdoor waterslide tube thingies, some punks stuck their knives (they always have them) up through the tubes and some poor kids got all cut to ribbons sliding down. I don't recall ever believing it but it pops into my mind anytime I'm ever on a waterslide! :eek:

i heard that one aswell not in relation to punks just people putting razor blades through the slide.wouldnt ever go on a slide for ages.

the gang to watch out for when i was a youngin in kilkenny was called TmB "totally mad bastards" .

It's a sad story really.He was only trying to be romantic.And then..the wee..

I know I mentioned it back there,but I really am intrigued by the whole "Ghost in the Warzone" thing.My favourite is the myth that when Jobbykrust were recording the demo, before they out down the vocals, they were listening back to an instrumental mix, and at some point clearly audible was the sound of a girl screaming.I know apparently Chris and Glynn saw a ghost,and I saw...well..something there years ago myself.Anyone else know of more ghost related tales?
i heard the screaming woman during a dagda gig once. only found out about the other stuff afterwards.
i think you did some vocals for the dagda at the same gig actually. maybe she likes you.

This story was doing the rounds when I was in primary school.

Young boy makes his first communion and is taken to Tramore for the day by his parents. While there he goes into a public toilet while his mother waits outside for him. Unfortunately he is attacked by punks and has his penis cut off by them. He then bleeds to death.

other variations:
1 it was toilets on O'Connell Bridge, Dublin not Tramore
2 the "punks" made him eat his penis (some say they wrapped it in tissue and shoved it in his mouth)

Janer - can you clarify?

christ almighty...i remember hearing a version of that story in limerick when i was a youngfella but a park in limerick was the location and no punks were mentioned...i think it was scare tactics to stop kids wandering off?

Skinheads was a byword for scumbags and knackers round my way when I was small. One time I told my sister that I could see skinheads coming up the road WITH GUNS and she ran in home crying. It was true though! Members of the "Southill Bootboys" broke my tricycle! (no guns though) And now I have a boyfriend who forces me to listed to Hardskin all day. Life eh?

out on the north side of limerick we had the balla boys (from ballananty) and the moyrussians (from moyross) after us constantly.

do you remember the "castletroy metallers"?

christ almighty...i remember hearing a version of that story in limerick when i was a youngfella but a park in limerick was the location and no punks were mentioned...i think it was scare tactics to stop kids wandering off?

was the 'eating it wrapped in tissue paper' in the Limerick version?

was the 'eating it wrapped in tissue paper' in the Limerick version?

no but toilet paper stuffed into his mouth to stop the screams of pain was mentioned. fuck it...i'm getting the shivers here thinking about it again.

surely you were the same age or older than the Castletroy metalers trev???

Does any of the jackeens remeber the Carcass gang from dublin????

Is this the crowd who, at Dublin metal gigs in the mid 90s, would single you out and kick the shit out of you if you weren't from Dublin?Heard a few tales alright..

this just in: Antonia Hughes-Wotsit that used to sing for Holochrist allegedly stars in Jack Dee's BBC sitcom "Lead Balloon".And by "allegedly" of course, I mean I saw it last night, and checked the credits for her name as well.It's her.

So that's not really a myth I suppose.

this just in: Antonia Hughes-Wotsit that used to sing for Holochrist allegedly stars in Jack Dee's BBC sitcom "Lead Balloon".And by "allegedly" of course, I mean I saw it last night, and checked the credits for her name as well.It's her.
yeah i watched that last night as well for some reason, lead balloon is a good name for it. is she the annoying one with the stupid face?

on tv related stuff. one does anyone know of a link to leatherface on emerdale?

and when i was feeding some olde lad at work today the tv was on judging amy i think its called. anyway the parents in it were talking about their daughter been straight edge. even explained that it grew out of the punk movement and all the no drink etc even the casual sex part. the mother was worried but the dad was proud that his daughter was envovled with something revoultionary.mad!

TmB "totally mad bastards - ha, great!

fuck's sake, roscommon didn't have anything like this.. as far as my memory goes, the only punk i remember was micky, and he wasn't even from roscommon

on tv related stuff. one does anyone know of a link to leatherface on emerdale?

and when i was feeding some olde lad at work today the tv was on judging amy i think its called. anyway the parents in it were talking about their daughter been straight edge. even explained that it grew out of the punk movement and all the no drink etc even the casual sex part. the mother was worried but the dad was proud that his daughter was envovled with something revoultionary.mad!
Yes indeedy do the mighty LEATHERFACE played in some barn dance scene in that pox ridden series, the producers wanted an OI band and one of l- faces mates got them in for a laugh,,mr STUBBS isnt to fond of being reminded of said fact, god bless him

Yes indeedy do the mighty LEATHERFACE played in some barn dance scene in that pox ridden series, the producers wanted an OI band and one of l- faces mates got them in for a laugh,,mr STUBBS isnt to fond of being reminded of said fact, god bless him

read the interview in unfit for consumption #9. he had no problems telling me about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back