Punk Myths (1 Viewer)

I was talking to a guy once who was refused back into his hotel room because Sid had just stabbed Nancy. He was an old dude who just mentioned it randomly when talking about the messed up youth of today.

This story was doing the rounds when I was in primary school.

Young boy makes his first communion and is taken to Tramore for the day by his parents. While there he goes into a public toilet while his mother waits outside for him. Unfortunately he is attacked by punks and has his penis cut off by them. He then bleeds to death.

other variations:
1 it was toilets on O'Connell Bridge, Dublin not Tramore
2 the "punks" made him eat his penis (some say they wrapped it in tissue and shoved it in his mouth)

Janer - can you clarify?

yeah i heard when a kid to but with skinheads in the jack on o connell street even the tissue bit. thats classic.

i remember as a kid in kildare all the myths that surrounded this group of skins who lived in a part of kildare called the curragh, the were alwasy referred to as the 'curragh ska's' and we were always told they were a vicious pack of bastards, that they all carried blades and would fuck you up, this was around 1987, scared the shite outta me as a kid...never knew how true it was but years later i met a guy in his 40's who claims he had been a member.

i remember as a kid in kildare all the myths that surrounded this group of skins who lived in a part of kildare called the curragh, the were alwasy referred to as the 'curragh ska's' and we were always told they were a vicious pack of bastards, that they all carried blades and would fuck you up, this was around 1987, scared the shite outta me as a kid...never knew how true it was but years later i met a guy in his 40's who claims he had been a member.

There used to be a fairly large gang of skinheads around Kilcullen but we never got to know much about them, maybe they were the last drag of the Curragh "skas". Thomas spoke to some of them once I think.

yeah, I think everywhere had a similar group.In Waterford it was the "Ferrybank Punx">it was sprayed everywhere when I was a kid,though I only ever met one or two of them over the years.They all either emigrated or hit the smack

what about the one of johnny logan buying a crate of beer for punks in the alleyway by the olympia and drinkin with them after a gig???
Napalm???

I think it was anges smegma told me that one, maybe im just very gullable

it was the laneway beside dunne stores on grafton street

This story was doing the rounds when I was in primary school.

Young boy makes his first communion and is taken to Tramore for the day by his parents. While there he goes into a public toilet while his mother waits outside for him. Unfortunately he is attacked by punks and has his penis cut off by them. He then bleeds to death.

other variations:
1 it was toilets on O'Connell Bridge, Dublin not Tramore
2 the "punks" made him eat his penis (some say they wrapped it in tissue and shoved it in his mouth)

Janer - can you clarify?
This reminds me of a story I heard from my granny when I was young. Apparently on some beach in Spain where they have those outdoor waterslide tube thingies, some punks stuck their knives (they always have them) up through the tubes and some poor kids got all cut to ribbons sliding down. I don't recall ever believing it but it pops into my mind anytime I'm ever on a waterslide! :eek:

This little rat of a man from the Andytown Punks-
slym.jpg

tried to kiss my sister in Finaghy railway station when I was 13 and I was pissed on Merrydown (she was 17). He sang the Clash song Garage Band in its enterity before making his move. She clearly wasn't in to it, so I remember making my move up to the train shelter, grabbing his bottle and fucking it onto the train tracks. He must have been around 30 at the time. Got away with it too, though I did burst into tears. Cider, eh.

Jesus...this feels like Trisha.

Oh, and I think Chris Black may have pissed on his girlfriend once *cough*

It's a sad story really.He was only trying to be romantic.And then..the wee..

I know I mentioned it back there,but I really am intrigued by the whole "Ghost in the Warzone" thing.My favourite is the myth that when Jobbykrust were recording the demo, before they out down the vocals, they were listening back to an instrumental mix, and at some point clearly audible was the sound of a girl screaming.I know apparently Chris and Glynn saw a ghost,and I saw...well..something there years ago myself.Anyone else know of more ghost related tales?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back