Pixies in Dublin (5 Viewers)

Saw them in Boston in 2004 or maybe 2005? It was a good show but I didn't even bother to try to get tickets here. Not really pushed. One of the bands I'm glad to say I've seen but once was enough. Frank Black was kind of like Jay Mascis & Thurston Moore.... they played little shows every couple months in MA.

Follow @toutless on twitter (that's where I got the lead). They're always good for alerts on tickets being put on sale nearer to events.

[edit: Jaysus, I haven't listened to a Pixies album in years, they could be really shit.]

Really am in two minds about this. Would not mind going but don't want to pay another 60 quid for a gig.

No one should ever be asked to pay €60 for a gig by anyone ever. Fuck whoever decided this is an acceptable price, Fuck the horse they rode in on, Fuck their family and their families horses.

I kinda agree, but I think it is a step back from the crazy prices of the last few years. I saw Radiodead in a field in Malahide in the rain last year for €80 and Leonard Cohen in another field, again in the rain for over a hundred. Those prices were indeed nuts and €60 is still a lot, but at least this is in a small venue with a good sound and guaranteed no rain. Although when you go to great gigs for a third of the price, it is kinda crap paying €60. Oh well.

I kinda agree, but I think it is a step back from the crazy prices of the last few years. I saw Radiodead in a field in Malahide in the rain last year for €80 and Leonard Cohen in another field, again in the rain for over a hundred. Those prices were indeed nuts and €60 is still a lot, but at least this is in a small venue with a good sound and guaranteed no rain. Although when you go to great gigs for a third of the price, it is kinda crap paying €60. Oh well.

If the band were to play in your living room while making you tea and supplying you jaffa cakes €60 would still be far too much. you know it and i know it. it's extortion and the disappointment is that instead of the price dropping the likelyhood is that bands will just stop coming here. MCD and the likes have turned this island into shangri fucking la for has been money hungries and as soon as the tiger and it's cubs die they'll just stop booking these types of bands and move on. And pavement can suck my balls too.

If the band were to play in your living room while making you tea and supplying you jaffa cakes €60 would still be far too much. you know it and i know it. it's extortion and the disappointment is that instead of the price dropping the likelyhood is that bands will just stop coming here. MCD and the likes have turned this island into shangri fucking la for has been money hungries and as soon as the tiger and it's cubs die they'll just stop booking these types of bands and move on. And pavement can suck my balls too.

Ok, I agree with all that except that I figure these Pixies gigs will generate revenue of about 6-700 K in all whereas Bruce Springsteen turns over about 5-10 million every time he does 3 or 4 nights in the RDS. That's quite a difference. I think the Pixies are trying to do something a bit different here. Maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back