new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Who said anything about role models ?
Most of the press about this has been trying to come to terms with a guy who is probably mentally ill. He's been pilloried for representing Liverpool in such a poor way but most of it has been, "go to councilling" rather than "think of the children.
It's got fuck all to do with being a role model.

He's fucking psychotic. If you bite people there is something fucking wrong with you. The police asked if Ivanovic wanted to press assault charges that's how serious this is. If you went in to a convention for your job, lets say vacuum cleaners and a member of a rival company tried to bite you, they'd be arrested and fired. Somethings in life are very simple and have fuck all to do with role models
I agree, but it's not me who's bandying about the role model thing. It's people. Like the Prime Minister.

If you went to a a vacuum cleaner convention and stuck your studs into someone's knee, you'd walk away a free man, with a chorus of "he's not that kind of vacuum cleaner salesman" ringing in your ears.

Of course, if what you say is true and he's mentally ill, the best thing to do is probably a public pillorying. That works.

I agree, but it's not me who's bandying about the role model thing. It's people. Like the Prime Minister.

If you went to a a vacuum cleaner convention and stuck your studs into someone's knee, you'd walk away a free man, with a chorus of "he's not that kind of vacuum cleaner salesman" ringing in your ears.

Of course, if what you say is true and he's mentally ill, the best thing to do is probably a public pillorying. That works.

I'm all for having a go at him. He's a footballer, he plays for a club I don't support. Grand. he has to expect that. It is getting out of hand when the Prime Minister weighs in but at the same time he's tried to take a lump out of a mans arm in front of millions of people there is a real issue there. He won't get the sack the way the rest of us would he won't get arrested the way the rest of us would and now you've got people at Liverpool saying a 10 match ban is too much ? That's insane.

One of the problems for Liverpool here is that everyone has a bit of sympathy for Ivanovic and everyone is absolutely disgusted by Suarez. Liverpool aren't doing themselves any favours by ignoring this. Really it's one of those perfect storm situations. Suarez is an unhinged, racist he's been wrongly defended by a club who don't know how to handle him, he's got a history of violence and what he did is just so disgusting that whoever punishes him is going to go "jesus if he did that to me I'd.....etc" He's lucky it was only 10 matches to be honest.

Liverpool should really just close ranks and stop talking about it, He was off the back pages for 2 days while some actual football was played and now Rodgers has him back on them by weighing in with his opinion. They've learned nothing from last season.

I'm all for having a go at him. He's a footballer, he plays for a club I don't support. Grand. he has to expect that. It is getting out of hand when the Prime Minister weighs in but at the same time he's tried to take a lump out of a mans arm in front of millions of people there is a real issue there. He won't get the sack the way the rest of us would he won't get arrested the way the rest of us would and now you've got people at Liverpool saying a 10 match ban is too much ? That's insane.

One of the problems for Liverpool here is that everyone has a bit of sympathy for Ivanovic and everyone is absolutely disgusted by Suarez. Liverpool aren't doing themselves any favours by ignoring this. Really it's one of those perfect storm situations. Suarez is an unhinged, racist he's been wrongly defended by a club who don't know how to handle him, he's got a history of violence and what he did is just so disgusting that whoever punishes him is going to go "jesus if he did that to me I'd.....etc" He's lucky it was only 10 matches to be honest.

Liverpool should really just close ranks and stop talking about it, He was off the back pages for 2 days while some actual football was played and now Rodgers has him back on them by weighing in with his opinion. They've learned nothing from last season.
why do you keep saying he's "racist"?

If you went in to a convention for your job, lets say vacuum cleaners and a member of a rival company tried to bite you, they'd be arrested and fired.

Yeah but this analogy is a bit tiresome. Football is a contact sport remember. If you shoulder tackled a lad off the podium you'd be fired too.

Yeah but this analogy is a bit tiresome. Football is a contact sport remember. If you shoulder tackled a lad off the podium you'd be fired too.
That's laughable. "Contact" we're talking about biting. If he bent him over and raped him Liverpool supporters would still have some sort of "contact" excuse for him.

I've worked in plenty of jobs where two lads have had physical fights and gotten away with a warning. It's biting for fuck sake. Biting would be a definite sacking.

Dude. it's a joke. My point was there's many things you can do in contact sport that you can't do at work, so comparing what he did to what you do at work is kind of redundant. There's a sport called 'boxing' even. Oh the humanity.

Dude. it's a joke. My point was there's many things you can do in contact sport that you can't do at work, so comparing what he did to what you do at work is kind of redundant. There's a sport called 'boxing' even. Oh the humanity.

I've seen that exact "joke" now about 50 times from Liverpool supporters who are most certainly not joking.

This is really boring already. but not to worry, it's just flavour of the month.

KA-POW!

Luis Suarez is the first one at Liverpool to do the right thing since the incident.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22311774

I would love to think that he's genuinely learned his lesson.

And yes you may fall over in shock but here I go

His statement seemed pretty genuine and showed a decent amount of maturity so fair play to him.

If only someone could have gagged Reina and Rodgers this week it all might have blown over after the CL semi finals.

Oh and fuck off David Cameron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22304322

That's funny - when I read it I thought his agent and lawyers told him to sit down and eat shit if he wants a move over the summer.

They looked really good on MOTD just now. Coutihno really looks like a super player, some said he might struggle physically with the league but he's probably been the best buy of the winter transffer window.
yeah looked very good against the toon. hoping he can play just as well against the toffees on sunday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back