new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Should have won today, the dopey gits

Before every match we've played this season the commentators have pointed out that we've gotten 21 points from losing positions. They don't point out that we've dropped 20 points from winning positions. I'd imagine Liverpool and chelski are probably as bad as us.

Edit: nope you've only relinquished 13 points (by my count) from winning positions

Chelski only 12. Jesus our record is fucking pathetic. I wouldn't have bet on that.

United wouldn't have taken that. 10 minutes to win that game. There's the difference.

But for the love of jesus, what is Reina on these days?

If his Da really thinks Pepe could replace Valdes at Barca next season on this form then he needs to go in a home.

Valdes isn't the best keeper in the world, but like Reina he's comfortable with his feet. Reina should be the modern keeper, effectively a sweeper, the lad who can start the attacks from the back. Valdes was out passing every player on the opposition team last season, getting more touches and using the ball well. Of course, when your team have 80% of the ball every game, you don't really need to use you hands much. Clearly Pep could play that game. But his decisions and his reactions have gone weird. Yesterday was typical. He looked solid until he wandered over to kun and made his mind up for him. And then there was his "save" against the Arse on weds. When Theo kicked the ball through him. Pep of pre-Hodgson would have saved that one. Of course, there's a litany of mistakes in the last few years. With liverpool currently playing such fine margins, it's usually one mistake that costs us. and half the time it's Pepe, dropping the ball.

It's become crucial. Although, maybe he'll get his mojo back. But a new keeper is a priority. Then a commanding centreback. Skrtl doens't really have it, does he? I'd like some muscular midfield presence. Moussa Sissoko was a great buy for Nuke-asstle. Liverpool would be better off being able to bring on a lad like that to close out a game by rampaging through the midfield than an extra defender, going too deep and inviting pressure, which inevitably ends up with Pep throwing the ball into his own onion bag.

Six world class wingers should finish the project nicely.

And then there was his "save" against the Arse on weds. When Theo kicked the ball through him. Pep of pre-Hodgson would have saved that one. Of course, there's a litany of mistakes in the last few years. With liverpool currently playing such fine margins, it's usually one mistake that costs us. and half the time it's Pepe, dropping the ball.

He does have previous for dropping clangers against us though, even when in otherwise good form.

But a new keeper is a priority.

I saw Begovic live at the weekend and he really was excellent, he made a number of fantastic saves against us. Including one from Cazorla where his touch on it was so slight I was sure that Santi had just missed.

He does have previous for dropping clangers against us though, even when in otherwise good form.

I saw Begovic live at the weekend and he really was excellent, he made a number of fantastic saves against us. Including one from Cazorla where his touch on it was so slight I was sure that Santi had just missed.

Pepe doesn't do low-level clangers. Always in the last few minutes against the top teams. Rarely when liverpool are winning by a couple. But, there's so many now....

I cna't believe Moussa Sissoko cost less than 2 mil.

Bit of love for Terry Mac?

Why not.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Luis Garcia. What a pain in the hole he was. Miss that guy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watching the games against arsenal and city again on lfc here and those 4 points we dropped could be costly in trying to get 4th. it would have been more realistic if we'd managed to hold onto those 2 leads.

glad sturridge starting his career on such a positive note.

surprised how well hendo and downing have been doing lately. here's hoping a win against wba next week will happen

I see the Pool Debrecen game from Nov 09 is under suspicion of being fixed. Presumably a couple of Debrecen lads took a dive to ensure they'd lose. Which is hilarious cos Liverpool were fucking awful in that match and lucky to win as i recall.

I see the Pool Debrecen game from Nov 09 is under suspicion of being fixed. Presumably a couple of Debrecen lads took a dive to ensure they'd lose. Which is hilarious cos Liverpool were fucking awful in that match and lucky to win as i recall.

A journo on twitter is saying this morning that the Debrecen keeper had just finished a 2.5 year ban for match fixing before coming back for that game. Was still doing suspicious things like letting in 4 first half goals at the time. Have no memory of the game at all but Liverpool must have been atrocious to only get one in those circumstances

watching the games against arsenal and city again on lfc here and those 4 points we dropped could be costly in trying to get 4th. it would have been more realistic if we'd managed to hold onto those 2 leads.

glad sturridge starting his career on such a positive note.

surprised how well hendo and downing have been doing lately. here's hoping a win against wba next week will happen

I don't think fourth is realistic this season. Spurs and Everton aren't showing many signs of weakness and they're grinding out improbable draws/wins. Arse are vulnerable at times but the recent form of Podolski, Giroud and Walcott suggest they'll be in the mix. It's too much to hope that all three of those teams will drop enough points to let pool in. Chelsea look the most vulnerable to me in terms of dropping more points but I think pool are too far back at this stage.

A journo on twitter is saying this morning that the Debrecen keeper had just finished a 2.5 year ban for match fixing before coming back for that game. Was still doing suspicious things like letting in 4 first half goals at the time. Have no memory of the game at all but Liverpool must have been atrocious to only get one in those circumstances

It was the dark time. The Aquilani years. It sums up Rafa's Liverpool of the time that they struggled to beat a team who were trying to throw a game.

I don't think fourth is realistic this season. Spurs and Everton aren't showing many signs of weakness and they're grinding out improbable draws/wins. Arse are vulnerable at times but the recent form of Podolski, Giroud and Walcott suggest they'll be in the mix. It's too much to hope that all three of those teams will drop enough points to let pool in. Chelsea look the most vulnerable to me in terms of dropping more points but I think pool are too far back at this stage.

The way i see it 4th is still a real possibilty for Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. Liverpools run in is the handiest out of the lot on paper. The way it is now it could easily be 2 from that list because Chelski look an absolute shambles, can't say it's all down to Benitez either they've been playing well going forward but fucking hell, once they concede a goal they just disintegrate.

Our run in has
Arsenal away (have never won at the Emirates)
United Away (25 years since we won there)
Liverpool away (12 Years since we won there)
Spurs away
Chelsea away (19 matches since we won there. Can't find the year)

It'll take a miracle for us to finish top 5. I'd like to see us focussing on the FA cup because with Bradford and Swansea in the League cup final even getting a Europa league spot could be a big ask this season. Liverpool don't have those distractions and have used the Europa League really well this season to try things out.

It's a shame really if Moyes could keep everyone together and Rogers could stay employed without winning anything both sides are only a season or 2 off of being genuine threats.

Our run in has
Arsenal away (have never won at the Emirates)
United Away (25 years since we won there)
Liverpool away (12 Years since we won there)
Spurs away
Chelsea away (19 matches since we won there. Can't find the year)

Fuck, that's a nightmare run in! Looking at the fixture list, pool have three winnable games coming up and then face Spurs at home....one can but dream.

Fuck, that's a nightmare run in! Looking at the fixture list, pool have three winnable games coming up and then face Spurs at home....one can but dream.

Like I said 20 points dropped from winning positions we'd be second if we could actually defend a lead.

I think it was Alan Hansen said of Liverpool this season that their best is amazing and their worst is absolutely dire and the space between those two extremes is to vast to be consistent. That's fair enough, new manager, new players and a system which really doesn't allow for average performances. I.e no one can hide, everyone has to actually want the ball all the time for it to work. Which I admire a lot. When it goes wrong people have been unfairly harsh on Liverpool.

We've played badly once this season, against Southampton and drew 0-0, your lot probably would have lost that 3-0 if you'd played as badly and that's okay 3 points dropped. We were excellent against Arsenal, Fulham and Newcastle and that's 6 points dropped right there. It's 10 minute spells in games that will cost us the CL spot and thusly Fellani and probably Baines and yet people are full of praise it's a ridiculous situation. Remember Paul Merson saying that everyone loves Arsenal because they don't win anything? That's us now. It's fucking infuriating.

If (or more likely when) you get back in the CL in the next 2 seasons (and we don't) and I come into this thread and say I hate you all, I'll mean it as a huge compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back