nazi metal at the lower deck 28 feb (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
The band is still going strong while still fighting the ever present controversy, fueled partly by The Black Lourde's involvement in two NSBM bands, Infernal Hatred and Aryan War. While GBK's lyrical themes are, like any self-respecting Black Metal band, anti-Christian and/or anti-religion, the band's detractors claim the contrary, mixing the individual members' personal beliefs or opinions with the simple anti-religious message GBK is trying to promote. And that's probably just the beginning...

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/featuresframe.php?featureid=14

feb 28th apparenlty more on main thumped forum

They have had alot of hits on their webby though -994962-

;]

/don't tell Colin about the Bold button cos between that and his caps it would be lethal

in the lower deck?

Seriously? My girlfriend knows the management very well, quite sure we could get this pulled.

Unless you're actually into black metal, this gig has absolutely nothing to do with you, and this being a punk forum I'd imagine Grand Belial's Key are quite an unknown entity and most likely not to the taste of the people here.
Gorgoroth a much bigger gig, went ahead without a word of complaint from anybody, despite the very real issues surrounding them. Interesting the way people choose the things to get their knickers in a twist about. Especially when they very obviously know nothing of the band concerned.

Can't beat a bit of self righteous, self appointed censorship eh?

when an anti-semitic band is playing a few doors up the street from me, it is of interest.

Jaysus' Jisim said:
Unless you're actually into black metal, this gig has absolutely nothing to do with you, and this being a punk forum I'd imagine Grand Belial's Key are quite an unknown entity and most likely not to the taste of the people here.
Gorgoroth a much bigger gig, went ahead without a word of complaint from anybody, despite the very real issues surrounding them. Interesting the way people choose the things to get their knickers in a twist about. Especially when they very obviously know nothing of the band concerned.

Can't beat a bit of self righteous, self appointed censorship eh?
So, seen as this is a "punk" forum, the people on here have no right to be against an anti-semitic band and it has nothing to do with them?
What fucking logic..

A supposed anti-semitic punk band perhaps, in which case you could give out a bit and then not go, but black metal and what goes on within the borders of that sub-culture or any other for that matter is of no concern to anybody who is not interested in the music. Simple logic really.

JANER said:
Take out the Jeyes fluid and scrub the whole of portobello clean Weeler!

Janer, shut the fuck up you dodgey cunt.

.|..|

Jaysus' Jisim said:
A supposed anti-semitic punk band perhaps, in which case you could give out a bit and then not go, but black metal and what goes on within the borders of that sub-culture or any other for that matter is of no concern to anybody who is not interested in the music. Simple logic really.
But of course!
I'm sure it's also simple logic that eeeeeeeeeeveryone that posts on this forum has no interest whatsoever in anything other than punk, right?

Fuck, I may go buy some black metal albums quick so I can have an opinion on this!

There are lots of people here I reckon who like Black metal music. But we just dont support bands who are totally anti semetic. Do you not get it? Its not a matter of free speech, its a matter of people spreading fucking hatred.

Jaysus' Jisim said:
do you really think people here listen to nothing other than punk? and for that matter, that we actually resent other styles of music so much that we try to sabotage gigs just because they're not to our tastes?

the assumption that we would not give as much of a shit about a nazi punk band as we would a nazi black metal band is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. as far as i'm concerned punk is 90% politics, so if we caught wind of a nazi punk band playing, you can guarantee we'd be on it like a fucking shot.

in fact, i'm sure most people here would find a nazi punk band infinitely more offensive than a nazi black metal band, for the simple fact that "nazi punk" is such a hideous contradiction of terms that it's offensive to those of us who consider ourselves punk. We dont want closed minded fuckwits hijacking our way of life.

am i making sense to you? is this logic simple enough?

That's clearly not what I said, as I'm sure you were aware, Eoddy. But it is a pretty safe asumption that people outside of the metal underground have not heard of GBK.

And yes, it is actually a matter of free speech, very much so. Free speech by it's very definition cannot have a line drawn. If that happens, there is not free speech. It's not something that applies up to the point where you don't like it anymore, it's across the board.

The anti-semitism is nonsense anyway. It's ok obviously to be anti-christian, but the minute you say anything about Jews, musulms etc it's a different story. Despite the fact that the lyrics of GBK are just against religion generally anyway, and in a pretty humorous, juvenile way at that.

I didn't say you would mind a nazi punk band less than a nazi whateverelse band, btw. So calm down.

so what other free speech campaigns have you been involved in - or is it just the freedom to be a nazi you care about?

I don't believe in giving a platform those with fascistic tendencys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back