Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

Actually, I can get behind all of these.
She's written a variant on this article every week for the past year. She decided she was over social media so everyone else should be as well. Although be sure to check out her opinion on Robin Williams.

but sure whatever, it's my own fault for reading her stupid blog.

Last edited:
She's written a variant on this article every week for the past year.

Which would be grand if she didn't suddenly become very internet usage heavy when at Other Voices.

but sure whatever, it's my own fault for reading her stupid blog.

Yeah, I hardly read anything on the internet these days. I post here and read the newspaper with the occasional facebook post (usually involving my dog) and a few recipe searches. My laptop is open all day but I'm only really on it for about an hour a day. Most of the time I leave the house and forget my phone since it never rings. I have to admit, it's nice. No one ever checks their phone when I'm with them now. I like technology, I like knowing people are out there at the touch of a few keys but there is a lot to be said about reading the paper, doing the crossword at the kitchen table or outside with a cup of coffee. My head is better for it.

Yeah, I hardly read anything on the internet these days. I post here and read the newspaper with the occasional facebook post (usually involving my dog) and a few recipe searches. My laptop is open all day but I'm only really on it for about an hour a day. Most of the time I leave the house and forget my phone since it never rings. I have to admit, it's nice. No one ever checks their phone when I'm with them now. I like technology, I like knowing people are out there at the touch of a few keys but there is a lot to be said about reading the paper, doing the crossword at the kitchen table or outside with a cup of coffee. My head is better for it.

Not having a job sounds awesome!

Not having a job sounds awesome!
I have no money, just enough to get by (eat basically) but it's worth it in comparison to a job I hated. Granted, it's just as repetitive, if I let it be, which I am guilty of sometimes. I want to work so I'm independent again but keep a happy medium of money and freedom. I think it's possible soon.

a happy medium of money and freedom.

actually is there a country where this is encouraged? (and I mean "freedom" in the same context you mean it.) I honestly don't believe Ireland is that country although kudos if you've found a way of making it work.

actually is there a country where this is encouraged? (and I mean "freedom" in the same context you mean it.) I honestly don't believe Ireland is that country although kudos if you've found a way of making it work.

Are you kidding? No one here does their job promptly and they still get paid. I have never been in such a laid back community. Everyone trusts everyone. I was at the butcher the other day and had to use my debit card because I didn't have the cash on me. Dude said, pay me next week instead if you don't want to use your card. I used it, but I could have left with dinner for the week and not paid for it. Plus, every place has a note on the door "closed from 1 to 2pm for lunch"... no one can run errands during lunch because everything is closed. It makes you relax and eat your lunch. Move to the countryside. Granted the slow pace is pissing me off with whole property buying but it's also a welcome slow down. It's like going back in time where people actually like spending time with friends and family and in person.

Are you kidding? No one here does their job promptly and they still get paid. I have never been in such a laid back community. Everyone trusts everyone. I was at the butcher the other day and had to use my debit card because I didn't have the cash on me. Dude said, pay me next week instead if you don't want to use your card. I used it, but I could have left with dinner for the week and not paid for it. Plus, every place has a note on the door "closed from 1 to 2pm for lunch"... no one can run errands during lunch because everything is closed. It makes you relax and eat your lunch. Move to the countryside. Granted the slow pace is pissing me off with whole property buying but it's also a welcome slow down.
When it comes down to it probably because I want to get out of Ireland to be honest. but point taken re: country living in Ireland.

It's like going back in time where people actually like spending time with friends and family and in person.
Well.... I think that is my world right now but sure.

browsing daft in anticipation of looking for a new home in October and see perfect places with parking etc and then noticing 'females only'

FOR FUCK SAKE.
is that not what references and interviews are for, to weed out the weirdos no?

landlord doesn't want video footage of you in your jocks.

thats a fucking lie and you know it. everyone wants a video of me in my jocks licking the windows

She probably could have included internet commenting in the tripadvisor one, but then where would the clickbait be..

i am going to guess thats not the case

Are you kidding? No one here does their job promptly and they still get paid. I have never been in such a laid back community. Everyone trusts everyone. I was at the butcher the other day and had to use my debit card because I didn't have the cash on me. Dude said, pay me next week instead if you don't want to use your card. I used it, but I could have left with dinner for the week and not paid for it. Plus, every place has a note on the door "closed from 1 to 2pm for lunch"... no one can run errands during lunch because everything is closed. It makes you relax and eat your lunch. Move to the countryside. Granted the slow pace is pissing me off with whole property buying but it's also a welcome slow down. It's like going back in time where people actually like spending time with friends and family and in person.
yeah but there's a murderer on the loose

you run from door to door on main street, pounding on them for help but each one is the same - 'closed for lunch'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back