MCD vs Boards.ie (1 Viewer)

Re: Boards.ie is being sued by MCD...

if the moderator deletes a thread, it's their perogative. you don't like it then look somewhere else. pete was right to act responsibly yesterday

I wonder if boards are talking to the EFF (there's an irish branch, isn't there?)

Why isn't this issue being more prominently discussed on irishblogs (I know, anyone who thinks 20 major is great shouldn't be part of the discussion, but it's high-traffic, so...)

I wonder if boards are talking to the EFF (there's an irish branch, isn't there?)

Why isn't this issue being more prominently discussed on irishblogs (I know, anyone who thinks 20 major is great shouldn't be part of the discussion, but it's high-traffic, so...)

probably because everyone is afraid of being sued.

if the moderator deletes a thread, it's their perogative. you don't like it then look somewhere else. pete was right to act responsibly yesterday

Without at all trying to get your back up, personally I'd prefer a situation where there was a set of posting ground rules to refer to. These guidelines could exclude everything from abusive posts to unsubstantiated accusations and attempts to derail. A lot of the time discussion on this forum is dramatically derailed from its original purpose. In my opinion that shouldn't be tolerated. As a mechenism for coming up with such protocols, I'd suggest the discussion of formulation and entitlement to vote be only extended to those who have subscribed to the site. Ye have your own little secret board already no?

I'm suggesting this purely as a way to avoid a situation where Pete is accused of whatever in the future for making a simple editorial decision.

Without at all trying to get your back up, personally I'd prefer a situation where there was a set of posting ground rules to refer to. These guidelines could exclude everything from abusive posts to unsubstantiated accusations and attempts to derail. A lot of the time discussion on this forum is dramatically derailed from its original purpose. In my opinion that shouldn't be tolerated. As a mechenism for coming up with such protocols, I'd suggest the discussion of formulation and entitlement to vote be only extended to those who have subscribed to the site. Ye have your own little secret board already no?

I'm suggesting this purely as a way to avoid a situation where Pete is accused of whatever in the future for making a simple editorial decision.

Sounds like a crock of cum to me.

people, the kids are about to hit back.
i work for a company owned by dennis desmonds brother, and after 1730 this evening, the stationary is my bitch.

Without at all trying to get your back up, personally I'd prefer a situation where there was a set of posting ground rules to refer to. These guidelines could exclude everything from abusive posts to unsubstantiated accusations and attempts to derail. A lot of the time discussion on this forum is dramatically derailed from its original purpose. In my opinion that shouldn't be tolerated.

fuck that shit! jesus that's the crap they have on boards.ie and look what's happened to them. no fuckin' way! moderators who pull that shit are cockheads with a goddamn power trip. if youre going to introduce that kind of shit, you may as well start banning people for it too. it's for assholes.

fuck that shit! jesus that's the crap they have on boards.ie and look what's happened to them. no fuckin' way! moderators who pull that shit are cockheads with a goddamn power trip. if youre going to introduce that kind of shit, you may as well start banning people for it too. it's for assholes.

So a situation where a group of moderators have free reign to edit, lock or delete anything they want is preferable to one where there is a set of ground rules for both postings and editorial actions? I really doubt the posting guidelines set out by boards.ie have anything to do with the current legal action against them.

Damn right, the whole point of the internet is the anarchy.

Otherwise you become one of these sad shits who get upset about wikipedia and thing and miss the whole point of the internet.

It's a way to communcate nothing more. To talk of being libelled by a messageboard makes no more sense than talking about being libelled by a telephone or a tv set or a piece of paper.

Ah this is great stuff altogether, i haven't been made laugh so hard by the written word in a long time, nor formed such a strong opinion of a person i've never met just from the dumb crap they wrote.

Long may it last. :)

So a situation where a group of moderators have free reign to edit, lock or delete anything they want is preferable to one where there is a set of ground rules for both postings and editorial actions? I really doubt the posting guidelines set out by boards.ie have anything to do with the current legal action against them.

of course it doesnt, but it does make them jerks. and what good did their little game of 'wrongboard,yourebanned!' do for them? you don't see pete locking/deleting shit all over the place, he does it when it gets out of hand or in this instance could possibly lead to the troubles. I'd rather that than getting banned for pming some guy I wanted to buy a friggan concert ticket off or posting something that was irrelevant to a thread title. it's total over-moderating and the asshole moderators love their internet powers. same shit on gigsmart - say anything about your band or a gig or some shit and you get banned or some bulshit. I say eat your fucking charters you sonsabitches.

cop on

YO - DEES EEZ MAX CAVALERA OF SEPULTURA FROM BRASIL!
I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY BROTHER DEVORE I WILL BE WRITING A
REFUSE AND RESIST LETTER ON BEHALF OF BOARDS.IE AND THE INTERNET TO MCD AND THEIR SOLICITORS!

WHAT EEZ THIS SHITTT?????

here, are you this angry all the time?

max_cavalera.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back