magic mushrooms (1 Viewer)

Anywan hav any joy on a few liberty chaps yet.was out fora few hours yesterday.notin

You're all still a bit early no ?

When I lived in Tallaght our general rule was that if you couldn't see the mountains two days in a row it was time to go and have a look.

Usually you need a good day or two of misty rain and some cold and then when it dries a bit it's go time.

I'm n london it's fucking 21 degrees out right now. So I don't know what the weather you've had there has been like. Give it time.

Ye must b 2 early.although in previous years they wer well out b now.but ye its like d middle of summer over here 2.i never thought id say dis but I wish dis sun wud fuck off ha

Ye must b 2 early.although in previous years they wer well out b now.but ye its like d middle of summer over here 2.i never thought id say dis but I wish dis sun wud fuck off ha
Yeah conditions need to be a bit cold and damp, not too cold and damp though because frost kills them off completely. The ones that were around last year were fucking amazing. I had a great night in town talking shite for hours while trying to find 80 pints.

Planning on going to Marley Park to pick soon. Any specific locations within the park that are more suitable for picking?

I literally live around the corner from the place, but this will be my first time picking there. I was also thinking of heading up a little further into the Marley end of the Wicklow Way. Dunno if I'm looking for a golf course, or a big field with cows or what...

Some proper condescending beginner info please.

i've only been picking there once, there was some clammy-looking lad in slacks and a faux-leather jacket crawling around eating as he picked

i don't remember what part...twas a big field

I might head up now. It's a wet rainy day, so I might be in luck. I'll aim for the big fields so. Wasn't sure whether I should be looking in under the tree or whatever.

Just back from Marley. Was there maybe 2 hours, but I didn't find any.

I didn't see mushrooms of any kind, which got me thinking that perhaps the conditions weren't ideal?

How fast do they grow and what conditions are considered best? Any insights on that?

I even managed to sneak onto the golf course, (My only ever successful experience picking has been on a golf course near brides glen.) and there was nothing to be found. I'm beginning to doubt my eyesight.
The course was pretty waterlogged in parts though.. I dunno. Very disappointing altogether.

Friend got about 100 last night in Wicklow. Also reckons that late afternoon just as it is starting to get dark seems to be best time, either they come out later in the day more or you just see them better in changed light.

Went for a spin in Wicklow with my friends. I was more there for the scenery so was only kinda half looking. Total haul of 400+. Concur with what she says, far easier to spot them when the sun is close to setting. Lots of different fungi, including ones that look like mms but aren't. Doubt I'll take any but it was nice bit of exercise and the weather was only gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back