Mór Festival (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne OMalley

Needs to get out more
Website
www.rollerssparkers.com
Volks,

Here's some info on a new festival called Mór, taking place this Summer at a castle in Tullamore. For those who can't stomach most of the crud on offer at Shittness, rest assured that Mór will hit the spot.

Plus, the crack will be nine thousand and two...

anne--->

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mór
‘audio visual adventures’

Charleville Castle,
Tullamore,
Co Offaly.

August 23-24, 2003

Tickets 45euro (inc. camping & booking fee).

Strictly limited availability from July 14 at the following outlets : Dublin (Tower & Road Records), Cork (PLUGd), Galway (Redlight), Tullamore/Kilkenny/Mullingar/Thurles (Heartbeat City) & selected other outlets…

mór info:
www.morfestival.com (going live on July 14)
www.phoenixfestival.ie
www.charlevillecastle.com

mór ‘audio visual adventures’ is a 2-day music festival with camping, in the spectacular setting of the haunted Charleville Castle in Tullamore, Co Offaly.

Set to become an annual platform for promoting the best of slipstream international and Irish acts as well as labels, club nights and visual artists, the inaugural mór will span a main stage, marquee and part of the castle interior.

Inspired by the development of international festivals such as Sonar, All Tommorrow’s Parties, the Big Chill, and Irish events such as DEAF and Wonky, mór hopes to blend a variety of musical genres within this special environment.

mór will feature Irish debuts by emerging talents such as Finnish electronica artist Lackluster, Canadian electroclash DJ JoJo DeFreq and French artist Colleen who is signed to the Leaf label.

Joining them will be Felix Kubin from Germany. A member of the avant garde German noise merchants Klangkrieg, Kubin brings his kooky pop tones, Korg synthesizer and Casio keyboard to town. And Pierre Bastien, the extraordinary French composer and multi-instrumentalist, who conducts an orchestra made out of Meccano should prove an intriguing prospect within the confines of the castle.

Popping over from the UK is long-time favourite of the Dublin scene Max Tundra and Skam’s Wevie Stonder, whose performance at this year’s All Tomorrow’s Parties blew minds and melted brains in equal measure.

Not to be outdone is the numerous, and varied, range of Irish artists/nights/DJs and labels on the bill including Decal and Ambulance who both boast new album releases, as well as Nina Hynes, Chequerboard, Rollers/Sparkers and Jimmy Behan.

Other names and nights confirmed include: Donal Dineen (visuals), Connect Four Orchestra, The Man & the Machine, Formika, Dublin Guitar Quartet, Boxes, Somadrone, Spectac, Karl Him, Toirse, Don Rosco, Billy Scurry, Cian O’Ciobhain, Donal Scannell, Plastic Staro, Lazybird, Ballroom of Romance, Neuromantek, Foot Fetish, Ruby Sessions, Cfour, Spitroast, Kin Recordings, Front End Synthetics, Spitroast, Grey Slate, Equilibrium, Reactive & Boulder media (visuals).

Many mór to be confirmed over the coming weeks…

For further information concerning mór & to be added to the mailing list for regular updates, e-mail: [email protected]

INTERNATIONAL ARTIST INFO.

Lackluster: Esa Ruoho is a 23-year-old Finnish electronica artist whose melancholic sounds have earned him high praise from the likes of Andrew Weatherall and Laurent Garnier. However, Esa prefers to remain cocooned from the impending pressures of critical praise. “If people paid less attention to subjective criticism there would be a greater range of interesting, expressive and honest music to listen to." Releases include Container on the deFocus label and his most recent offering Showcase on Merck. This is his eagerly anticipated Irish debut.
www.m3rck.net/lackluster/

Pierre Bastien & his Mecanium Orchestra:

French composer and multi-instrumentalist Pierre Bastien built his first musical machinery back in 1977. The musicians of his orchestra are machines: an ensemble of musical automatons constructed from meccano parts and activated by electro-motors, that are playing on acoustic instruments from all over the world. Bastien’s involvement in sound installations and collaborations with artists such as Robert Wyatt, Issey Miyake and Pierrick Sorin have earned him international renown. This is Pierre Bastien’s debut Irish performance.
www.pierrebastien.com

JoJo DeFreq:

25-year-old Canadian electroclash DJ is one of the founders of London's trendy "Nag Nag Nag". This weekly in the Ghetto club blends fashion and freak-outs and has garnered widespread publicity in magazines such as The Face, Sleazenation and Jockey Slut. With sightings of Kate Moss, Bjork and Boy George, Nag Nag Nag has left the runway. This is JoJo DeFreq’s debut Irish performance.
www.nagnagnag.info

Felix Kubin: Following his first trip to Grey’s of Newmarket Square in May, Felix Kubin is back again with more of his eccentric antics and ‘psychoscifipopperia’. Acclaimed as the “undoubted star” of Sonar 2001 by Muzik magazine, Kubin is the uber-lord of feel-good musical frolics and forays.
www.felixkubin.de

Wevie Stonder: On Manchester’s Skam label & Jan Werner (Mouse on Mars) Sonig label. Wevie Stonder are musical scamps of the highest order. This Brighton based trio discard with conventions and on ‘Drawing on Other People’s Heads’, their first full length album on ecan only expect the unexpected of subversive pop wits. Appearances at Sonar (2000), Pukkelpop (2001) and All Tomorrow’s Parties (2003) pave the way for a promising, albeit madcap, Irish debut at mór.
www.weviestonder.com

Colleen: The Leaf Label's latest signing, Colleen (aka 26-year-old Paris resident Cecile Schott), has just released her debut album 'Everyone Alive Wants Answers'. Reminiscent of the exquisite delicacy of Yokota's early Skintone releases, Colleen plays on a broken music box, a glockenspiel or a guitar, phasing in and out, on the verge of collapse, yet wonderfully human. Another Irish debut courtesy of mór.
www.posteverything.com/leaf

Max Tundra: Max Tundra aka Ben Jacobs bounds from musical surfaces in his own beserkly experimentalist fashion. On Domino Records he has released Mastered By Guy at the Exchange which displayed his cunning delivery of obliquely catchy melodies and more recently, Some Best Friend You Turned Out To Be. His performance at mór will be preceeded by the release of his new single Ink Me on August 14. www.maxtundra.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any chance this can be stickied Pete?

Should be rad... and fuck the begrudgers.

pierre bastien sounds amazing from the little i've heard! where abouts is offaly? like roughly...
serious question.

sparse said:
With your rep, do you think anyones gonna offer a serious answer?

It's in europe, how's that for ya ;)

bad.reputation.jpg

RAD-ALARM said:
pierre bastien sounds amazing from the little i've heard! where abouts is offaly? like roughly...
serious question.

Offaly's right in the middle. Left of Kildare on the map I think. North of Laois. Sort of where Kirstie is from.

Is Pierre Bastien that guy who made a bunch of little robots to perform whatever he programs for them. Or did I dream that?

French composer and multi-instrumentalist Pierre Bastien built his first musical machinery back in 1977. The musicians of his orchestra are machines: an ensemble of musical automatons constructed from meccano parts and activated by electro-motors, that are playing on acoustic instruments from all over the world. Bastien’s involvement in sound installations and collaborations with artists such as Robert Wyatt, Issey Miyake and Pierrick Sorin have earned him international renown. This is Pierre Bastien’s debut Irish performance.

i actually had no idea that's the whole deal behind him - i just thought it sounded deadly

This is going to be great!

does anyone know if there's busses or stuff
organised how does one get to boffaly?

Not sure if there'll be buses yet... In any case, Tullamore is only an hour by train from Doublin'.

RAD-AL, to answer yer kestchin, Tullamore is south of Heaven but west of Northside Shopping Centre.

On and on Tull-A-Maw-Ore!!

sarah said:
This is going to be great!

does anyone know if there's busses or stuff
organised how does one get to boffaly?

billygannon said:
Offaly's right in the middle. Left of Kildare on the map I think. North of Laois. Sort of where Kirstie is from.

chick chick chick gannon!
you lying fuck.

you can see charleville castle from my ma's house. we used to drink flagons in the estate as whippersnappers. this is a nice coincidence for me. i hope it rains. i can charge you all for showers. two euro to shit in a real toilet!

Buckrake said:
you can see charleville castle from my ma's house. we used to drink flagons in the estate as whippersnappers. this is a nice coincidence for me. i hope it rains. i can charge you all for showers. two euro to shit in a real toilet!

I don't care - I've buked me a cosy B&B

kirstie said:
I don't care - I've buked me a cosy B&B

hey give the guy a break - it's not often you can 'brag' about being from some loser bogtown.
i kid, i kid!

andrew

ps - hi pete - quick reply doesn't seem to work when i use the Apple Macintosh. it sends me straight through to a normal reply. also - it's totally hard to do different colours.

RAD-ALARM said:
hey give the guy a break - it's not often you can 'brag' about being from some loser bogtown.
i kid, i kid!

heh heh. bogtown is not an insult to someone who comes from a place where there is beautiful sprawling bogland. we wear the term as a badge of honour. show me a man who has not worked a day of his life on a bog and seven times out of ten i will show you a scoundrel.
footing turf, the most honest and civilised of all the tasks god set for us! long summer days, drinking tay out of a milk bottle, thick chaze sandwiches, the perfume of the heather filling the sweet air and so on and so forth...

tullamore vs limerick! outside now!

Buckrake said:
heh heh. bogtown is not an insult to someone who comes from a place where there is beautiful sprawling bogland. we wear the term as a badge of honour. show me a man who has not worked a day of his life on a bog and seven times out of ten i will show you a scoundrel.
footing turf, the most honest and civilised of all the tasks god set for us! long summer days, drinking tay out of a milk bottle, thick chaze sandwiches, the perfume of the heather filling the sweet air and so on and so forth...

tullamore vs limerick! outside now!

Christ - that discription nearly made me cry!Ah nostalgia - i used to get £2 an hour footing turf - and £1 for every line of turf i turned....decent backbreaking work, up on the side of a mountian!!Ah The Kingdom.... .|..|

here lads - i'm not even a bogger
you can fight in my place eamonn.
the fresh prince is totally funny right now - jeffrey just said "during the 70s i was briefly employed as led zeppelins road butler"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back