Keane joins Celtic (1 Viewer)

Apparently Keano is looking to become number two (some may argue he's already a number two) at Villa, combining his duties. Just fuck off, Royston.

Now he's pulling out of punditry to "concentrate on coaching." Someone must have had a word.

Apparently Keano is looking to become number two (some may argue he's already a number two) at Villa, combining his duties. Just fuck off, Royston.
Yeah but apparently he was installed as manager of Celtic last week too.

O'Neill should just tell him to piss off.
Why because he hasn't taken another job and the media keep linking him with every job in football ?

Why because he hasn't taken another job and the media keep linking him with every job in football ?

He's supposed to have talks with both clubs, is he gonna fuck off to Britain every two weeks to have talks with someone else? For someone who paints himself as a consumate professional 100% dedicated to the task at hand he hasn't shown much sign of that in the last month.
As 7 said above, what exactly does he bring to the role? It seems he was only given the position as a sop to the fans, if we had a halfway decent footballing chief instead of the drunken Delaney he would be nowhere near the national team.
In summary, fuck Keane and fuck Delaney.

He's supposed to have talks with both clubs,
Yeah he's supposed to have been installed as Celtic boss last week. The only thing that's been confirmed is that he turned down the Celtic job.

I was at the game on saturday we played better than we have for a long time that's a fact. If that's what he brings to the table the that's good enough for me .

So Benitez style here are the facts

1. He's not manager of Celtic

2. Ireland played well for a change

3. Everything else is media speculation

4. The media make their money by speculating , so it's in their best interests to speculate about Roy Keane joining every team under the fucking sun rather than write about a 0-0 draw with a quality side in a friendly.

If he leaves you can all jump on your high horses and talk about football. Right now you're all banging on about a gossip column. it's pretty sad to be honest lads.

Well we know he had talks with Celtic so I wouldn't imagine it's too much of a stretch for him to have done the same with Villa. And to do the same in future should any job that perks his interest arise.

Would it be that difficult for him to announce that he is Ireland assistant manager and has no intention of doing anything else?

Well we know he had talks with Celtic so I wouldn't imagine it's too much of a stretch for him to have done the same with Villa. And to do the same in future should any job that perks his interest arise.

Would it be that difficult for him to announce that he is Ireland assistant manager and has no intention of doing anything else?
We know he turned the job down. He hasn't announced anything. That's the point I'm making. If he had to call a press conference every time he's mentioned in the news papers he'd do nothing else.

From the guardian
The former Sunderland and Ipswich Town manager has been strongly linked with an assistant’s role at Aston Villa, which it is believed he would be able to undertake in addition to his Ireland job.

"Linked" "Believed" jesus they don't even pretend not to be just making shit up these days.

So he was leaving now he's not leaving but he's taking on another role at club level. This is why I don't bother reading these gossip pages they're just bullshit.

"Keane's off"

"really?"

"Yeah off to Celtic"

"Really, what a prick"

"No actually he's not off to Celtic he's off to Villa"

"Really? what a prick"

"No actually he's not off but he is joining Villa"

"Really ?"

"Well, he might I mean I don't actually know, but you know sure so long as we're talking about Roy Keane right?"

"Yeah, what a prick"

He turned down Celtic/got turned down by Celtic after holding talks with them, even ignoring any villa speculation we know that he's in the Ireland job a wet weekend and already looking for something else, committed as ever is our Roy.

I'm not expecting him to make an announcement every time he's linked with a job, one now to say that he is dedicated to the job at hand and has no interest in any other job would suffice. But that wouldn't suit his ego and would obviously be a lie.

We know he turned the job down. He hasn't announced anything. That's the point I'm making. If he had to call a press conference every time he's mentioned in the news papers he'd do nothing else.

From the guardian

"Linked" "Believed" jesus they don't even pretend not to be just making shit up these days.

So he was leaving now he's not leaving but he's taking on another role at club level. This is why I don't bother reading these gossip pages they're just bullshit.

"Keane's off"

"really?"

"Yeah off to Celtic"

"Really, what a prick"

"No actually he's not off to Celtic he's off to Villa"

"Really? what a prick"

"No actually he's not off but he is joining Villa"

"Really ?"

"Well, he might I mean I don't actually know, but you know sure so long as we're talking about Roy Keane right?"

"Yeah, what a prick"

At least they're right about one fact.

At least they're right about one fact.
He's our prick though. If he brings anything to the table it's that. When he played for Ireland, more than anything I remember him for his ability to force players around him to play better. There's a lot of "good pros" in our squad now. But you don't ever get the feeling that John O Shea is rattling anyones cages or igniting any passions in the dressing room. I don't ever get that feeling about MON either. Sometimes you need a prick in a dressing room. You don't have to like him, you don't even have to agree with him. But if he gets your blood boiling at half time when your 2-0 down and you get back into the game then he's done his job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back