Keane joins Celtic (3 Viewers)

Italian B team decide they want to finish game with both legs. Ireland are suddenly deadly. It must be Keano.

Sure wasn't he doing telly the night before we were playing a game of football. I've no doubt that he'd be perfectly happy for that to happen when he was a player. Because he never once brought up the "lack of professionalism" of anyone he worked with. No balls and a shit training pitch? Don't sweat it Mick, boi, I've got a walk on part on Emmerdale in anyways, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaadd. I'll see you at the game.

That's one perspective, and here's another:

"When he speaks you listen. He’s a fantastic guy, he was a fantastic player and when he gives you advice, it’s great for everyone, especially the midfield players.

“He helps everyone to try to improve their game, so from our point of view, it’s absolutely fantastic and it’s an absolute pleasure to work with him.”

So there you go now.

In the interest of balance...

At half-time during one game this season, Keane asked one of his assistants to set up the tactics board while he disappeared into the toilet. He returned to launch a kung-fu kick at the object, sending it flying into the wall of the dressing room. He then called three different players a ‘c***’ and took a swipe at another one, only just missing his jaw.

Sunderland players celebrate as Keane quits - SgForums.com

Based on reports like that, maybe Keane is more suited to the international setup, i.e. the intensity / prick-ishness is wearing if you see him several times a week in a club situation but when it's just a couple of days every 6-8 weeks it might have the desired effect of boosting/terrifying the players in small doses. There are definitely players who've said they've benefited from being around him. The acid test is going to be seeing with how he deals with the team going through a rough patch, if the media/fans are putting the pressure on and there's no bust up or walk-out then maybe we can start talking about "maturity"..

Keanes personality disorder ensures that he'll never succeed in management. Then you look at his actual management record which is very patchy.

I'm very surprised that relatively large clubs are taking an interest in him to be honest.

Hardly. That's a different article that doesn't mention the alleged kung fu incident, or indeed any claim beyond the headline that players celabrated.

I'm not saying they mightn'd have, I'm saying these articles are a load of sensational unsubstantiated bullshit

I think it's pretty clear they celebrated. He was a cunt. He still is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back